Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok Im totally confused!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:40 AM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ok Im totally confused!

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

yea...what kind of sound do you want??? i have the MAC Boom Tubes on my car...and i love them...here is a vid of them

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...a500bef3fa.htm
You can't get the full effect from any videos I've seen. They sound alot deeper in person, I love the way they sound. I just haven't had a chance to take video. I'll try soon.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Jed

+1 Borla Stingers. I Git a lot of compliments on how theay sound.[/align]
Old 05-25-2007, 01:33 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Also consider the future plans for your car. I loved the sound of my Flowmaster American Thunders. However, after installing Kooks LTs with their X-pipe, the Flows sounded like crap. Swithced to Borla Stingers and the set-up sounds great. I do miss the sound of the Flows, but for me it was a good trade off (power of LTs).
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chupac

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

yea...what kind of sound do you want??? i have the MAC Boom Tubes on my car...and i love them...here is a vid of them

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...a500bef3fa.htm
You can't get the full effect from any videos I've seen. They sound alot deeper in person, I love the way they sound. I just haven't had a chance to take video. I'll try soon.
yep...but that is the best vid i have made...i have tried to make a better vid of them...but it didnt woork out really good
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Im happy with my SLPs. To me anything else is weak sounding.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:15 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

What do you expect from the exhaust? Different/better/ loudersound or mostly performance?
Go to some cruise ins &/or car shows & ask people to start their cars so you can hear them & make note of the pipe configs you like. I can even guess (from youravatar)that you might persuade some to give you a ride in the car so you can hear it from inside also. Some cant stand the exhaust they got from inside. Dont depend on the vids you see as they dont get the bassier sounds & just dont convey the whole tone well.
Best of luck in your quest as its a $$$$ decision that you must live w/ every second you drive the car. I LOVE mine, I rarely use the stereo because the engine makes its own music.
+1
I for one like the Corsas, they are loud at WOT, yet quiet enough for normal driving, they look good and most important have no drone, IMO they are the best compromise.
As FrostByte said your best bet is hear for yourselfor even better get a ride, the interior sound is very different to what you hear from the outside
Old 05-25-2007, 03:20 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

If you want loud go with the SLPs i have the magnaflow magnapacks and they sound awesome , its awesome to see girls with stangs and if thats your picture on your avatar your a very attractive girl with a stang so you got it all.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Haha...

sorry, this thread stuck my funnybone...

Online clips are not going to really show you what a system sounds like.

Axelbacks alone are not going to get you any sort of gains.

I second the recomendation that you try and hear some of these exhausts in person.

But, keep in mind what your final vision for your car is. If you want to put a blower on her, know that it will change the sound of your pipes. Know also that a catted X or H or noncatted same will change your exhaust sound as much as the mufflers will.

Think of your entire intake -> engine -> exhaust as a pipe-organ... anything you do to any part will change the overall whole.

I have Zoomers axelbacks. They lookk like a million dollars, fit and finish is outstanding, and the sound is very nice... low rumbling at idle, but she roars when I get into the fun peddle.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Steeda is what I have and I think they have the best all around sound. Grant it some make the car really loud, but I can't get over the raspy sound a lot of them have. So if you are only going with Axleback get STEEDA!!! If you are going for an entire exhaust do something more extreme and go with a Cervini's side kit.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:12 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Steeda is what I have and I think they have the best all around sound. Grant it some make the car really loud, but I can't get over the raspy sound a lot of them have. So if you are only going with Axleback get STEEDA!!! If you are going for an entire exhaust do something more extreme and go with a Cervini's side kit.
hey can u get us some clips, inside and out?

Quick Reply: Ok Im totally confused!