Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about.com California Special review

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Default about.com California Special review

Have you guys seen this article on About.com? I thought you might find it, and the reader comments, entertaining. Maybe some of you may want to comment. The so-called “road test” is a joke.

http://cars.about.com/b/a/217065.htm
Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default RE: about.com California Special review

WTF!!??! He compares it to a honda civic, a nissan sentra, a chevy cobalt, and a mazda 3? And then he says those cars are just as good?

Who complains about the trunk on these? Its definately a 2 body trunk, which is better than any of the cars he compared it to!

I realize alot of people love IRS, but personally I prefer the live axle. Just feels more natural to me.

And then he says a V6 has just as much pull? No offense to any sixers here, but that is just not true!

I wouldn't call the shifter "beligerent" either. I mean sure, its not the best shifter, but for stock its really good.

This guy should be fired.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:16 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Well, I'll take him(and his wife) for a spin and see how it'll handle the twisties, btw doesn't the GT(and GT/CS) with the 18" wheels/tires grip to the tune of .89-.90g? What front driver matches that? Unless you're gonna go awd(EVO/STI) or full tilt sports car('Vette, 350Z, Boxster, etc.), I'll take a GT any day in cornering prowess.
Then again, what do you expect from a self-proclaimed "family man" that doesn't know fun when it slaps him across the face? Kids can't see out of the side rear windows? Every kid I've ever carted in the back has beentoo busy saying "cool!", "faster!", "aw, I have to get out now?" This reviewer gets two thumbs up his ****[:'(].........
Old 05-31-2007, 12:25 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

BTW, has anyone seen the new Ford commercial(where their pimping the V-6 pony package)? They put a Vista blue pony pkg.V-6 on a road course with a white GT/CS and a Torch red GT(ah, how American) and confuse the public with thinking that the pony package 6er is just like the V-8 cars as they show the side profiles of the GT & GT/CS, just thought it was funny. Couldn't they have used a red, white and blue pony pkg. 6ers to reinforce what a 6er really is and looks like? Then again, we're the "general" public and really don't know the difference, huh?[:@].
Old 05-31-2007, 01:24 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

I did see that commercial, I thought it was part of a series, with the GT and GT/CS having their own commercials.

Back on topic, this guy should wait till he grows a pair and then drive a GT
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I just left a comment on this guys web page. What a complete airhead! I am so sick of these guys comparing the Mustang to a Sentra or a Civic. How do they keep thier jobs? Seems like they are kinda like the weather forecasters. They can get it wrong most of the time and still collect a paycheck!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:40 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

this guy is clueless, he said it doesn't feel sporty. coulda fooled me. it's a rough ride, a fast, badass, sometimes scary, but nasty as hell at the same time ride. how does this car not feel sporty? is he trying to say it's smoothe like a luxury car or something? clearly this guy didnt take one sharp turn, didnt do one burnout, and didnt rev it upthrough all gears and break 100. if he did he would know.

this car still makes my nuts swell everytime I drive it