Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WANTED: Old School wheels tires IDEAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:37 AM
hemi_harvester
1st Gear Member

Default WANTED: Old School wheels tires IDEAS

I'm a little older that most you young whipper snappers. But I love the New Mustangs! But I just don't like the big rims/short side wall look (never have). I like my cars Jacked up in the back with the widest tires you can get with a deep off set and skinnies on the front. My Question I guess is any ideas on this look for wheels/tires and what is the deepest off set I can run on back. I know I need to stay with at least 17' wheels. This is a daily street driven car.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:55 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WANTED: Old School wheels tires IDEAS

Did youck out your options on e bay?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 AM
hemi_harvester
1st Gear Member

Well I have knid of been looking at peoples cars on this board to get some ideas. I'm new to these Mustangs but have already got a bunch of other ideas. I was hoping someone might know the size limitations etc. I will check ebay out thanks for the idea.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hemi_harvester

I'm a little older that most you young whipper snappers. But I love the New Mustangs! But I just don't like the big rims/short side wall look (never have). I like my cars Jacked up in the back with the widest tires you can get with a deep off set and skinnies on the front. My Question I guess is any ideas on this look for wheels/tires and what is the deepest off set I can run on back. I know I need to stay with at least 17' wheels. This is a daily street driven car.
Hemi, I'm with you. 70's in the front and 60's in the rear were the norm for me. Lower a car? NO WAY. Get some shackles and raise the rear for more tire clearance. What I would give for some BF Goodrich raised white letters for a 17" wheel. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

That set up does look mean ... i was thinking about doing that with mine and just adding lowering springs to the front and putting some think rubber on the back with deep dishes.

You had me rolling "whipper snappers" lol
Old 05-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

No skinnies in front, but....

Wheels:
18x10 back & 18x9 front

Tires:
295/45/18 back & 255/45/18 front

Old 05-31-2007, 01:41 AM
rjb
1st Gear Member

Pantera,
That is the ticket. I am with hemi, my first car in 1976 was a 65 mustang coupe. 60s in the back and 70s on the front perfect.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

pantera's car really pulls off the look..

you have the same idea that i have.. get a mean lookin rake on the car.. like the old days.. and throw some tall/wide radials if not street tires on the back.. and some lower, skinnier up front..

if you look at pantera's car.. hes got the idea.. i woudl do one size up on the rear and one lower on the front.. and then instead of the front being a deep dish.. i would have it be like the OEM ones wiht the deep lip.. and thent he deep lip in back.. OMG.. i would love it..

post pics of whatever you come across.. also you may want to check out my aftermarket wheel thread.. search those words and it should come up.. good luck..

-GTstang
Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

Old School here. Bogart can make you a set of 15 x10's and skinnies for the front. I have them on my car and have put 325/50/15 mt drag radials on mine and then lowered the back 1 1/4 inches with eibach springs so that it wasn't so high in the back, still has a slight rake, front tires are 26" tall and rear are about 28". It turns lots of heads and I get compliments on it daily when I take it out. the only problem now is it looks a lot faster than it is.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

hey real quick you want to see what cragar can do or maybe look at the weld racing, or torque thrust II's.. all very good looking, classic wheels.. but also a little pricey..

hope this helps
-GTstang

Quick Reply: WANTED: Old School wheels tires IDEAS