Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Views on Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:07 AM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Views on Street Racing

I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought a GT/CS because my wifes father who has since passed away had an original 68 GT/CS. We purchased this one for a number of reasons, not the least of which is in memory of him.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Hey, I bought the GT because I needed a quicker car just to merge onto the freeway! It got too hard with the Mazda to get into traffic going 75+mph in the slow lane from an uphill onramp! And the passing power wasn't there either.
But being in a street race is like shooting a gun in the air on New Years! Both are fun, yes, but both are felonies, both can kill innocent people, and there are plenty of safer, legal alternatives.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

It's been suggested here that threads about street racing should be banned from this forum along with the people that condone street racing on the forum. Well, I'd like to thank the Mods forNOTlocking this thread,and for NOT banning ZZ for his "opinions". If his comments about street racing in this threaddon't prove how stupidstreet racingreally is then nothing will.....
Old 06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I get challenged every once in a while, my typical reaction is to just keep cruising along like I don't see/ hear them. Honestly, have you looked at your local laws regarding street racing? Some states are adopting extremely hard-line approaches including crushing the offending vehicles! Is a street race worth that? And many states now address a 100 mph+ speeding violation exactly like a DUI. In other words, you get automatically cuffed and shipped off to jail to await your hearing. Expect to lose your insurance coverage too. Even if you choose to ignore the safety factors, consider the above and ask yourself if a few street racing giggles are worth losing your car and license over.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Here's some interesting reading:

http://www.teamsheriffracing.com/ind...amp;Itemid=117

A couple of notable paragraphs:

A first conviction on a street racing violation (23109 VC) means:
[*]Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days. [*]Vehicle probably impounded for at least 30 days. [*]Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more). [*]If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale. [*]Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence. [/ul]
This is just for street racing. If someone crashes, and someone is injured or killed, you could be arrested and charged with Reckless Driving or Manslaughter. In addition, many agencies and municipalities are enacting law to make simply being at a street race a convictable offense.Many are also seizing and crushing vehicles impounded at street races. What does this mean? This means that if you are at a street race, driving or not, you can be arrested and your vehicle impounded, seized, and crushed. If your vehicle is financed, you are still responsible for the payments, regardless of whether your vehicle was seized or not. This means you make payments on a crushed car!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

ratnacage
Watch out there, Your making sense.
You are correct in your assertions that "What about the other guy"
2 times I have race guys and they crashed, as I drove off, They were getting out of their car. Some people just don't know when to let off, I am not going to be responsible if people are so dumb that they crash their car, I lost no sleep over Dip Sticks. If you don't know YOU or YOUR CAR, you shouldn't be racing, And when and if you someday do know your capabilities and your cars capabilities, Think 3 or 4 times before you push yourself or your car, Like I said earlier, Fast cars and street racing = one mistake and you die.
I wouldn't recommend anyone street race, At the very least, figure out what your limitations and your cars limitations are, and then , at least you can make a informed dissision on the race. Or not.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

Pony Ride
Idiot, oh was that an opinion, Why yes it was, and thank you for sticking up for this thread not to be banned, or me. It's nice to live in America where one has the right to their own opinion on a subject without smart ash trying to back door an insult . Hears one you can understand Kiss my ***.
If you don't want to street race, go park your GT, I could care less, If you want to street race, I still could care less, You think something is stupid so there fore it is. well thank you and vote Democrate . Good thing I don't own a chevy and street race, That might be a SIN.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
5pointslow91
4th Gear Member

All you guys have brand new Mustang GTs, cars that cost over 25k, why would u want to risk completely losing that car in a drag race if u get caught, cause in IL you lose your car and dont get it back. I have a friend whos only 19, has an 07 gt, and he occasionally races but hes 1 of the most responsible drivers ive ever seen, and b4 that he had an 04 Mach1. Age doesnt matter, its aboutthe individial person. Every1 is going to be tempted and its hard to say no ever time. Dont race every car that pulls along side of you. If the conditions around you seem safe with no1 around then mb ull get away with doing it without hurting urself or som1else. What im trying to say is just limit urself and not race everything with an engine and wheels
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

racing someone for a few seconds is no big deal. on the streets im not going to do a 1/4 against someone...i would be to 110+mph. Plus, most of your HP and TQ is in our 4th gear so not racing on the track isnt even fair to us.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

if its late, roads are dry and empty then i say no big deal. but if theres traffic or your on a road where people walk on then no way in hell should you race anything.

Quick Reply: Views on Street Racing