Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension kit recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default suspension kit recommendations?

Ok...

So I'm looking to do mods to my '07 GT...Right now, I think I've got enough power to get used to, so I was thinking of doing suspension mods before I do any power adders (I'm more of a handling type of guy).

I've been trying to look at some kits that would give me better cornering ability, but I'm not seeing a lot out there (or at least, not understanding what some of the kits do for me). I'd like to just buy a kit and do it all at once, all inclusive type of suspension, rather than piecemeal it here and there, but at the same time, I'm not looking to spend $10k for a road racing kit! I just want something that makes the car handle better on the back road canyon runs than it does now.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: suspension kit recommendations?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

It depends on what you are looking for. I think if price isnt an option for you than going with a nice kit is the way to go. But if you are just looking for better cornering and overall drivability you just need some Tokicko D-specs, and some lowering springs. You will also need some adjustable LCA's. I know it seems redundant but there are tons of posts about suspensions. You should type in "suspension" or "better cornering" or something of that nature into the search bar. It seems as though a user by the name of CrazyAl knows his stuff about suspension work so I would type him in as the user you want to search and you will find some good stuff.

Overall it seems if you want better cornering you should go with some adjustable Tokicko D-specs.(Look up posts about the adjustable shocks becasue there is a lot of positive info about how great they are for anywhere from autocross to basic drivability.) Lowering with Eibach pro springs will help too with a lower center of gravity. You will need camber bolts to adjust the wheels after the drop. BMR makes recomended adjustable LCA (reduce wheel hop) and relocation brackets for centering. An adjustable sway bar and panhard bar are also recomended.

I am only giving you info that I have read from other posts on the subject. Anyone should feel free to correct me but this should give you a start. But you should definately check some of the conversations on suspension stuff you can really learn alot.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

You can aslo go to stangsuspension.com they have a lot of stuff.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:45 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

nobody truly has a "kit" that covers ALL the bases. BMR has a kit that is pretty good as well as the FRPP. With the Ford kit you need to add a panhard bar and possibly camber bolts.