Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your a/c cold??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is your a/c cold??

Mine blows ice cold until I "get on it" then it seems to quit cooling. Then it starts to cool again. Seems anytime I get a heavy foot it cuts the compressor out.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 AM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Could possibly need regassing if there not blowing too cool. But 1 thing where do the A/C pipes run are there any on the undercarriage of the car. As that can be a cause on a few cars I have seen where one of the a/c pipes is under the car. Car bottoms out on a speedbump or something puts a small hole in it and a/c doesnt work properly.

Other times its just needing topping up due to a small leak etc. Get it to a dealer if its not ice cold though. why you buy a new car with warranty let them deal with it. Unless there monkeys and bloody hopeless like my last dealer.

And if you have a smell get some disinfectant spray and spray it into the vents whack the a/c on full and recirculate for a bit and see how it is after that. The smell is usually just a load of crap built up on the filter. Might be a place where you can spray directly into it. My friends focus has a small vent that opens you spray into the clean it out when it smells. My car you just have to put it down the vents in the dash.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:09 PM
blacklaw

I have been battling this problem since I got my car. When I start up the car, I get a blast of cold air, then it just stops. Nice warm air until the car warms up, then the air comes on (can take a good ten minutes or so). The dealer checked for leaks, could not find any, but they recharged the system for me thinking it might be water in the lines. Yes, they put dye in the system and the refrigerant stayed at a constant pressure. Finally, and after starting my summer pilgrimage to the dealership to bitch, they put in a remanufactured compressor. Still no luck. Could it be anything to do with the temp under the hood? With my tune, the fan speed was switched to a higher temp. Could the increased temp in the engine compartment put a strain on the system?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Default 2014 Mustang GT, 2.5 weeks old, with A/C problems!

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I bought a new 2014 Mustang GT premium, manual transmission. I love the car, but from the day I bought the car, 3 weeks ago, the a/c is not blowing cold air. It blows cool air, but not cold. Temperature at the vent while at idle on "fresh air mode" cycles between 47-50 degrees...inadequate for Florida weather. I brought it in for warranty today. The tech evacuated the system, then put in the correct pounds of Freon. He told me there is something definitely wrong. The pressures were reading all over the place. He believes it is an "expansion valve". The part will not be in until tomorrow, and they gave me a loaner car. I will update you folks when I get my car back, hopefully tomorrow.
This is very disheartening for me, because the car is brand new.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:07 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

Just a heads up, this thread has been dead almost 7 years now. That last post before yours was made July, '07.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by PeteInFlorida
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I bought a new 2014 Mustang GT premium, manual transmission. I love the car, but from the day I bought the car, 3 weeks ago, the a/c is not blowing cold air. It blows cool air, but not cold. Temperature at the vent while at idle on "fresh air mode" cycles between 47-50 degrees...inadequate for Florida weather. I brought it in for warranty today. The tech evacuated the system, then put in the correct pounds of Freon. He told me there is something definitely wrong. The pressures were reading all over the place. He believes it is an "expansion valve". The part will not be in until tomorrow, and they gave me a loaner car. I will update you folks when I get my car back, hopefully tomorrow.
This is very disheartening for me, because the car is brand new.
Let me get this escalated for you, oldman101. Please, PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha