Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid shopping cart !!!!!!!UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stupid shopping cart !!!!!!!

Thats why I always park farrrrr awaayyyyy
Old 06-20-2007, 10:55 PM
ov3r
1st Gear Member

Am I the only person that parks way far away to find a beaten up minivan parked next to them after they were shopping for a few hours?... Man this drives me nuts, i go out of my way to park far from everyone and then this certain person thinks oooo its okay ill park next to this car ... GEZZZ Sucks about the cart though... thats why we take the other ride for walmarts and grocery stores.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:31 PM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

I park close, between the door and the cart racks. Far away, gives theloose carts too much time to pick up speed after those idiots, who think they can hit the rack from 20', give it a shove.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

i park at the back of the parking lot..usually a long walk but deff saves u from a headache from all the trouble of going to get a dent or scratched fixed..
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

My daughter got me with opening the car door into the corner of the house. I think I cried when I walked around the car and saw the little dent in the car door. Doesn't seem so bad now that the car is in the shop getting a new front end.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

man, I really hate to tell you this, but a similar situation recently happened to a co-worker of mine with a cart at Wal-Mart. They reported it to insurance and he waited a few weeks. He got a call a couple days ago and they told him that they reviewed the parking lot logs and cameras and determined that the parking lot was sufficiently staffed with cart pushers that day, and since it was windy, they did everything in their power to prevent the incident. Therefore, they were not responsible. He was extremely pissed, as any of us would be. It must be great to be such a big company you can basically tell anyone what to think or say and they do it, I'm speaking of the insurance company of course.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:15 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Dam that blows chunks!!!!

Sometimes its just a loose, loose situation, especially at freakin Walmart!!!! Park too close, ya certainly gonna get something; park way out, sometimes they do it just for spite and because they know they can get away with it!!!! Bottom line, there are some real works of art out there that have no respect for nothing they own!!!!

Sorry to see it on your pony!!!! [:@]
Old 06-21-2007, 12:17 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangdude81

man, I really hate to tell you this, but a similar situation recently happened to a co-worker of mine with a cart at Wal-Mart. They reported it to insurance and he waited a few weeks. He got a call a couple days ago and they told him that they reviewed the parking lot logs and cameras and determined that the parking lot was sufficiently staffed with cart pushers that day, and since it was windy, they did everything in their power to prevent the incident. Therefore, they were not responsible. He was extremely pissed, as any of us would be. It must be great to be such a big company you can basically tell anyone what to think or say and they do it, I'm speaking of the insurance company of course.
Now that sounds like Walmart right there!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 AM
stizang

It happened to me at Target. Luckily it wasn't when I owned the Mustang.

I did see a cart at Sam's rolling towards some dude's RSX. So I figured I would save him a trip to the forums with a sad story and stopped it.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 AM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Okay confession time, One time someone in a sport ute parked so close to my drivers door on my F150 I had to get in on the pass side. When I got in I was so pissed I took my drivers door and slammed it several times into their Land Cruiser it felt great but some times I feel a little guilty about it.

Quick Reply: Stupid shopping cart !!!!!!!UPDATE