Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which one is better?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
A1L ThR0TTLE/N0 Bttl

Default which one is better?

so i'll be putting on headers soon here but ive got questions when it comes to exhausts. like which one is better between having a catback system.. or a system with no cats that feeds straight into these axle back mufflers. whats to be gained with either system.. whats to be lost.. yea i like it to be loud but im more of a "tone" guy, i want it to growl, like thunder.. a low rumble. and what about those side exhaust kits like the one cervinis made.. and when is roush gonna make one like they did for all their other models? i have the axle-back flowmaster american thunder series on there now. still waiting for it to "break in". just wondering what everyone else thinks.. or knows about exhaust systems.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: which one is better?

I have the kooks set up with the side exhaust , i cant tell seat to pants but its been claimed you lose a little h.p because of all the bends blow by racing also make a side exhaust set up with less bends so im not sure about that one. With any headers set up or going to gain a lot and more without the cats but its going to be loud. Not sure about the cat back axle back question.