Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 AM
dbwheelsjd
1st Gear Member

Default Windshield tint

Anyone have a pic of the inside of their windshield tint? i want ot get mine tinted but i'm afraid that the area above the rear view (dots w/ pony symbol) will be all bubbly from the tint. anyone understnad what i mean or have pics?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:31 AM
Bucket05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Windshield tint

I had to take my tint off the windshield a few weeks ago, because cops sucks! anyway I will be putting some more back on...But too answer your question, No those little dots will not cause your tint too bubble up...I would not go any darker than 35%
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

There is a line on all windshields that shows how low the
tint can go before being illeagal in some states. Check it
out on your windshield. Its caled the AS1 line by tinters.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Mine has no bubbles. i had it tinted at a good place though.

ORIGINAL: dbwheelsjd

Anyone have a pic of the inside of their windshield tint? i want ot get mine tinted but i'm afraid that the area above the rear view (dots w/ pony symbol) will be all bubbly from the tint. anyone understnad what i mean or have pics?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:26 PM
yzfmik
2nd Gear Member

Mine wasn't affected by those dots either and my tint is pretty thick being so dark. As long as you don't go too far below the AS1 line no one should bother with you. That line is way too high on our cars and the tint would look silly only going to that point.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

I have a couple of bubbles there, but I literally just got the tint put on yesterday evening (20% all the way around, if anyone is interested), and I know from getting tint on all my previous cars that bubbles in areas like that can appear occasionally, but if that does happen, it will typically go away within a day or so - as soon as the film dries. If not, then it's back to the tinting place for them to fix it...

The car is sitting in the sun right now (hopefully drying said area), so I might walk out in a few minutes and see how it looks. Sorry, but I'm at work ([:'(]) so I don't have a camera handy to take a pic.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM
1badblue50
2nd Gear Member

HAVE THE WHOLE WINDSHIELD TINTED . NO PROBLEMS

[IMG]local://upfiles/34882/6018CAC26499452BB32E796A10431135.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I had my front window tinted using the 3M Crystalline technology (spelling?). When sunlight hits it, it gets darker and does some other weird stuff. My installer cut around the pony and dots which makes it look stock. Pretty cool, but pricey. A little over 200 smackeroosfor the front windshield alone.

Oh yeah, it also blocks out 99% of the UV rays, 97% IRRadiation and someother crapto protect your interior

Check it out...

http://www.prescriptionwindshields.c...rystalline.htm
Old 06-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i havent done it but im gonna do 50% on the front. Not too bad you'll get pulled over here and it makes everything look darker. i have 30% on the front and 20% on the back
Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
REMMustang05
1st Gear Member

I worked at a tint shop and the problems with the dot matrix's is that the film dosnt stick very well and causes what ill call a globe effect because it kinda looks like continents to me where the film dosnt stick. Anywho. To fix the problem temporarily you can put glue like elmers gel glue and smear it over the lines so the lines will be cover and then tint over it. This is make the film stick and not show bubbles or w/e you want to call it. I do believe that the glue will dry out and sooner or later the bubbles will show. Id advise to have them cut around the dot matrix. Looks much better and you wont have to worry about those ugly spots!

Quick Reply: Windshield tint