Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby Razor Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:01 AM
lpdrennan

Default Shelby Razor Help

I just picked up my Black 07 GT Mustang and I love it, however I want new wheels. I want to get the gunmetal looking Shelby Razor's, does anyone know where they are the cheapest? Also I don't know a lot about it, I want 18in, but I don't want low pro tires, went through 4 sets of tires on my last car because of pot holes. There are so many different sizes and I don't know what they mean- What should I be looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks[8D]
Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby Razor Help

I you don't want low profile tires then stick with stock tire height. In the case of the Razors, I recommend 18x9 and a 255/45 tire. This sould give you the look you want and keep the stock height so there's no need for a speedo adjustment.

I found the razors cheapest at http://www.wheelsforless.com/
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

You don't need low pro tires for those wheels. Go to tirerack...they explain everything.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
ov3r
1st Gear Member

Yeah im also thinking about upgrading to the razors from the 18 bullitts, also to add onto this ... when upgrading , does anyone have experince with reusing the stock tire sensors?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I got my shelby's from here, cheapest price i found and although not well known they were very fast and courteous with their sevice. http://www.streetortrack.com/Shelby-...zor-c-920.html

I went with the 20's and got 255/35 for the front and 275/35 for the back in Nitton 555's

When i saw this pick of a black car with them i fell in love with the gun metals and got the same set up.
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/3958/dscn2661fu8.jpg
Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
dan_h
1st Gear Member

I also have a black GT and was looking at some 18" Razors, only in Chrome. But the Gunmetal seems to go well w/Black also! Did you consider the chrome or did the pothole problem scare you off?

thx
Old 06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
montanajb
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ov3r

Yeah im also thinking about upgrading to the razors from the 18 bullitts, also to add onto this ... when upgrading , does anyone have experince with reusing the stock tire sensors?
Will you be selling your 18" bullits? My car is coming with 17s and the first thing I want to do is uprade to the 18s.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
ov3r
1st Gear Member

I am thinking about keeping them for the track since they are pretty light weight. But yet again havent fully decided.

One question how to you know what backspacing you should buy? should it be the same as the current rim on the car?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dan_h

I also have a black GT and was looking at some 18" Razors, only in Chrome. But the Gunmetal seems to go well w/Black also! Did you consider the chrome or did the pothole problem scare you off?

thx
Nope i was orginally gonna order grey Foose Nitrous wheels but decided to go with something a little cheaper. I like chrome but i wanted to be different and the grey/gunmetal goes suprisingly well with black.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ov3r

I am thinking about keeping them for the track since they are pretty light weight. But yet again havent fully decided.

One question how to you know what backspacing you should buy? should it be the same as the current rim on the car?
40mm or 6 1/2 backspacing is pretty much the same as stock. Its hard to find the razors in anything else but that site i listed up above has 40, 24, and 12mm. I orginally ordered the 24mm which would stick out but changed it because the more i looked at the stock ones they stuck out enough for me.

Quick Reply: Shelby Razor Help