Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's been a great 11 years..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:45 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: It's been a great 11 years..........

Nice choice man. I did the same trading in my 96. It mad me sad to see it go but this car is so much faster.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Nothing like a brand new car!

Congrats.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM
NachoStang

What options did you get on her?

Que roja! My retinas are still burning from that awesome bright torch red photo. Fine looking 'Stang there. I really did not need the Shaker 1K, but it was either that or wait 2 months for the exact options I wanted. I never could get many groceries in the trunk of the '96 so what's another few cubic feet less cargo space, I figured. Other options include 17 inch machined cast aluminum rims, active anti-theft (to announce the unauthorized removal of the thumpers in the trunk), Sirius Sat. radio, fake hood scoop, interior sport appearance package and (don't hate me) I'm going to install rear mudflaps. I have read the owners manual on line and I think I am up to the task of programming the Sirius system presets. As of 10 AM tomorrow I am through listening to corporate radio. With the death of 93.3 "The Bone", as we know it, last year there are no good rock stations left here in North Texas. So, where do you all get those great looking louvers that cover the quarter windows? I must have them.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

congrads...make sure you let your 96 know you respect it as the genesis of modular mustangs...the power may have been a little down in the 96-98 years, but they laid the foundation forthe 300hp/320ftlb 3vs of today...

Old 06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

You won't regret it. I'm on my fourth too. Congrats
Old 06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Route 99
1st Gear Member

NatchoStang, congrats! You're going to love your new 2007 GT Premium redfire-colored pony!

Welcome!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:03 PM
ov3r
1st Gear Member

Welcome ... you will enjoy ...
Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Bienvenido amigo! The louvres you're asking about are available through most vendors on this site. 3dCarbon, CDC, Xenon, Cervini's, Roush all sell louvres/scoops for the rear quarter windows.
Is your interior parchment(beige)? I think the RedFire Mustangs look really sweet with that interior color(although charcoal looks great as well). Here's to you & your new ride[sm=icon_cheers.gif]. Disfrute su nuevo coche.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:51 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NachoStang

What options did you get on her?

Que roja! My retinas are still burning from that awesome bright torch red photo. Fine looking 'Stang there. I really did not need the Shaker 1K, but it was either that or wait 2 months for the exact options I wanted. I never could get many groceries in the trunk of the '96 so what's another few cubic feet less cargo space, I figured. Other options include 17 inch machined cast aluminum rims, active anti-theft (to announce the unauthorized removal of the thumpers in the trunk), Sirius Sat. radio, fake hood scoop, interior sport appearance package and (don't hate me) I'm going to install rear mudflaps. I have read the owners manual on line and I think I am up to the task of programming the Sirius system presets. As of 10 AM tomorrow I am through listening to corporate radio. With the death of 93.3 "The Bone", as we know it, last year there are no good rock stations left here in North Texas. So, where do you all get those great looking louvers that cover the quarter windows? I must have them.
Yikes, of all of the mods you had to pick those nasty back-to-the-future and i-use-this-car-for-driving-and-washing-my-clothes-in-the-river window lovours. No disrespect to people with the lovours, to each his own,but don'tmake this car look like an '80s plastic mobilewith them!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Did you say mud flaps??? I hope they are the Yosemite Sam ones that say "BACK OFF". Just kidding, congrats on the new ride.

Quick Reply: It's been a great 11 years..........