Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWESOME PYPES MID-MUFFLER SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default AWESOME PYPES MID-MUFFLER SYSTEM

Wow, thesenon-axlebacks look GREAT! Note the 4" resonator mufflers in front of the axles, just like previous generation Mustangs. Now that my Hooker axlebacks blew out, I'm ditching axlebacks forever and going with a set of these. Delivery is not until late June, but I can wait!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: AWESOME PYPES MID-MUFFLER SYSTEM

Those look really nice. I wonder how having the resonators upstream will effect exhaust tone.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Granted the soundclips on pypes website left a bit to be desired it still didn't have the same sound as SN-95 and Foxes. I want to hear it in person of find some better clips. I've been waiting on an exhaust setup like this to come out for a while. But you could duplicate it yourself with some weld in resonators and loudmouths out back.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Granted the soundclips on pypes website left a bit to be desired it still didn't have the same sound as SN-95 and Foxes. I want to hear it in person of find some better clips. I've been waiting on an exhaust setup like this to come out for a while. But you could duplicate it yourself with some weld in resonators and loudmouths out back.
Granted, but not for $382.00 bucks, you can't.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I don't think the s197 will ever sound like the older stangs....The 2v and 3v engines just sound different.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:50 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I wonder if you can just buy the resonators and same thing with the slps.... because with my side exhaust i could switch out the magnaflow resonators for a different kind but havnt found anywhere that sells just the resonators
Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 AM
mpn1jgk

Guys,

I have 2005 Mustang GT with Kooks full length headers (no cats) and SLP exhaust. Now, this was way too loud; so I got resonators installed underneath the car. This took away a lot of the "trumpeting" noise and really mellowed the car out. When I stomp on the gas, the exhaust really sound "angry and aggressive". I really think the resonators underneath the car along with the SLP (which are really resonators as well) take a lot of punch away from the car. I plan to get the resonators take out and replace with a straight pipe or go with a full 3" Magnaflow exhaust....Just my two cents..
Old 05-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

I've found out, the hard way, that Axlebacks were the after market quick-and-dirty solution to making a mustang sound better. They do, but not without a lot of drone andlongevity hassles. A well designed exhaust system needs to take into account more than just what is quick and easy, especially with the S197 trunk resonance problems that a lot of us have encountered. I'm off Axlebacks - forever.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Slink
1st Gear Member

I have this setup on my car. Total cost was $260.00. The mufflers I used are Dynomax Race Bullet mufflers and I got a set of 4" stainless tips from Summit. The sound is awesome as I have gotten many compliments. I did this mod last summer and the sound just gets better every day.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slink

I have this setup on my car. Total cost was $260.00. The mufflers I used are Dynomax Race Bullet mufflers and I got a set of 4" stainless tips from Summit. The sound is awesome as I have gotten many compliments. I did this mod last summer and the sound just gets better every day.
Pypes has it on introductory sale now for 311.00

Quick Reply: AWESOME PYPES MID-MUFFLER SYSTEM