Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick xcal question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

Default quick xcal question

hey all quick question. is the $75.00 brenspeed custom tunes different than the 3 tunes that came with my intake/xcal combo? if so, whats different and is it worth it to fork out the 75?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:22 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: quick xcal question

did you get your tuner from brenspeed?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

yes in sig
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

75 is just one tune of your choice.....still waiting on mine
Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

ok so im already custom tuned?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

i guess this was a stupid question
Old 07-02-2007, 10:03 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

can anbody help me out? what i mean is is the 93 tune that came from brenspeed with my intake the same as a 75 dollar custom tune on there website?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I believe the three tunes they provided with your intake are custom tunes, based on what you told them about your car's setup. $75 is if you wanted to buy a separate custom tune other than the ones already provided, or for someone that didn't have any custom tunes from them and wanted one.

EDIT: This is from their website:

If you have purchased performance parts from another supplier and you need re-work to your current tunes that were purchased at Brenspeed the prices are as follows:

$35 per tune
This includes tuning re-work for exhaust. Often this is not needed so contact us to find out if you need re-tuned.

$40 per tune
This includes tuning re-work for the addition of air intake systems. Most air intakes do require re-tuning. Remember this is no charge for this re-work if you purchased your Xcal2 and new intake at Brenspeed.

$75 per tune
This includes creating new tunes for the addition of Charge Motion Delete Plates.

$185 per tune (this price could be higher based off of application. Call for quote)
This includes creating new tunes for the addition of an aftermarket supercharger or high horsepower nitrous application.

Creating custom tunes is labor intensive and because of the high volume of custom tuning developed at Brenspeed we often have a 5 day lead time. Please keep this in mind when requesting tuning re-work.

http://www.brenspeed.com/customtuning/
Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

ok i see, i ordered online so i didnt get to specify anything about my car except in the comment box.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You should have gotten an email similar to this

Thank you for your tuning purchase. Keep in mind we have a 5 to 7 business day lead time on all custom tuning orders. We will get started on your custom tunes shortly but we need some additional information. First we need to know the year, make, model, and transmission type of your vehicle. Second we will need your processor code. If you have a 05 to 07 mustang this is located under the hood. It will be a small white sticker directly on the computer which is next to the black fuse box. This code contains 3 letters and 1 number. Don’t worry if you can’t locate the code. Just give us a call and we’ll help you find it on your vehicle. Third we will need to know the modifications you have on the vehicle. If you are ordering just tunes and already have an SCT tuner we need the serial number off of the back of the device. Thanks for your order!!! We really appreciate it. We are currently experiencing a HIGH VOLUME of e-mails. Please expect a delayed response or call 574.594.9559 for faster service. Brenspeed Visit us at www.brenspeed.com Brenspeed has fast free UPS shipping! TO SPEED UP OUR RESPONSE TIME DO NOT DELETE E-MAIL HISTORY

Yes you already have the custom tunes and yes the 75 tune is for people like me who have the SCT but not his tunes and would like one...

Quick Reply: quick xcal question