Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bigger Brakes with FOOSE

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
FergieGT07
1st Gear Member

Default Bigger Brakes with FOOSE

I have 20" chrome Foose Nitrous wheels. The valve stems are in the middle of the inside of the wheel. Does anyone have any iodeas on what to do with the brakes? I have a GMS turbo going on as I type this but I know I am gonna need more stopping power. What kind of options do I have?

Dave
Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bigger Brakes with FOOSE

http://www.blowbyracing.com/brakes.html
Old 07-06-2007, 04:44 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I have the 20" Nitrous as well. As far as I know there is nothing you can do except for better pads. It's not the valve stem that is the problem since you can get very short valve stems...it's the distance from the side of the caliper to the wheel. There is just NO room in there for any different setup. I know the Foose Stallions come with calipers stamped "Foose", but I am not sure if they are any different than the stock brakes except in apperance. You can email Unique Performance and ask them for any options.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

I have AP Racing front and rear brake upgrade kits, and Black foose nitrous 20"s.... catch brakes are in boxes on the garage floor until I get new wheels.

Its not just the valve stem, look at your clearance on the calipers with the factory calipers, no imagine the caliper sitting 1.5"-2" back farther.....You end up using spacers, and I tried that, to get it to fit I ended up need about a 15mm spacer, which put the wheels hangingn out weird. I do not have a pic but it was bad.

Yes the valve stem is an issue and you can have a smaller one put on, I have actually seen flush mount ones on a few of my friends hot rods, not sure where he got them though. I do know he got all of his wheels through Newstalgia so he may have gotten the valve stems from them as well.

I am actually going to take the 20" foose's off my car and put them in the garage until spring of next year and I am going to see about getting a set of 19" wheels instead.

Dex,
Its nice to see someone who dose not buy into all of the negative hype about a remote mount turbo kit, I had planned on going that route but they could not find a nice way to mount my turbos and run the pi[ing with the side pipes. Instead I ended up getting the Turbonetics kit.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Thanks mattblasi

People talk bad about it because its different. FI is FI and it works like anyother turbo.

If you cant find a brake system to work then i would just get drilled/slotted rotors
Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

Thanks mattblasi

People talk bad about it because its different. FI is FI and it works like anyother turbo.

If you cant find a brake system to work then i would just get drilled/slotted rotors
Personally I would (and am) change the wheels not just do rotors, I mean it all really depends on how much power you want but more stopping power is always safer and I just do not see the look of a set of wheels as a reason to compramise that.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

I like the look of the movit breaks. Made by a german company but they have some very nice kits for the stang. One of the car mags out here had them fitted and they survived the Nurburgring which is proof enough to me that there up to the job.

Plus they also look rather tasty the 6 piston front kit and 4 piston rear kit. With a seperate 2 piston caliper as well.

http://www.movit.de/images/muspar01.jpg
Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

if you cant find a brake system to work then i would just get drilled/slotted rotors
If you're going with just replacement rotors Disc Brakes Australia makes a good 2 piece replacement rotor.
http://www.dba.com.au/2006/default.asp
Old 07-07-2007, 06:59 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Someone once told me that changing to SS lines and upgrading your pads is actually better than slotted and drilled rotors. Just an FYI.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:24 AM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

IMO stay away from drilled rotors. I went with a 14 inch slotted rotor with Aluminum 8 piston Caliper. A little bit of over kill but it looks amazing. Problem is you will pay about 2500k just for the front another 1500 for the back so your looking at 4000k. I probaly wouldn't of gotten these brakes if it wasn't for the sick deal I got, but if money is no issue they look and work amazing!

Quick Reply: Bigger Brakes with FOOSE