MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   hurst black ball (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/314936-hurst-black-ball.html)

TrIpOd 07-09-2007 04:29 PM

hurst black ball

i know a few people in some thread were wondering what the black ball shift knob looks so I took a few pictures for you.
sorry about the ****ty quality from my phone.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8448/phone041js4.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7097/phone040fi0.jpg

s2k 07-09-2007 04:37 PM

RE: hurst black ball

Looks sweet! Iam debating on switching over to a hurst shifter. I like the stock one but the hurst looks so goddamn nice.

sleeper2 07-09-2007 04:57 PM

Nice pictures, I'm ordering that same one. It'll look good with the black interior.

s2k 07-09-2007 05:01 PM

How does it feel compared to the stock shifter? My s2000 is a short throw but then the clutch feels short. The mustang feels like a long throw and the clutch seems "longer" than my s2k so im used to all short or long idk if it would be weird with half and half.

sleeper2 07-09-2007 05:27 PM

To me, (this is just my opinion) the Hurst shifter feels a lot more "sure-handed" to me, it is either in or out of gear. The stock shifter in addition to being longer also felt like it had "stages of engagement" as I put it into gear. I don't know if this makes any sense. The Hurst gives me a lot more confidence, especially 2nd to 3rd , and 4th to 3rd. I like the uniform shape of the knob better, that's just my preference. The timing/motion difference of the old clutch travel with the new shifter reach only takes a couple shifts (if that) to get used to.

Sleeper2

techmanBDsStang 07-09-2007 05:34 PM

Funny thing for me, I ordered the Hurst shifter that was suppose to use the stock shifter. It was about $30 cheaper as well. Well the supplier must of messed up and sent me the white ball set up. At first, I firgured if I was going to have the ball, I would want the black. Well 2 things. I like the feel of the ball better than the stock shifter and I have grown to like the white one.

The black does look good as well.

raubt 07-09-2007 05:35 PM

I like that. I was looking at getting a Hurst, but wasn't really 100% with how the white shift knob would look in my all-black interior, but that black knob is pretty slick looking.

Joolander 07-09-2007 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Funny thing for me, I ordered the Hurst shifter that was suppose to use the stock shifter. It was about $30 cheaper as well. Well the supplier must of messed up and sent me the white ball set up. At first, I firgured if I was going to have the ball, I would want the black. Well 2 things. I like the feel of the ball better than the stock shifter and I have grown to like the white one.

Wait, there's one made by Hurst that lets you keep the stock look?

blaven 07-09-2007 05:41 PM

I have a Hurst black ball that i purchased from summit last summer that i never used if anyone is interested, i'd be willing to let it go for a pretty good price. Send me a PM if you're interested in it

MELLOWYELLOW06 07-09-2007 05:44 PM

I am so used to the shifter now after 2 weeks that after driving a friends stock shifter, it felt somewhat weird. As for the black ball pic, thanks, but where is the Hurst letters on the sides? That is a key ingredient for that knob. Thanks.

TrIpOd 07-09-2007 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

I am so used to the shifter now after 2 weeks that after driving a friends stock shifter, it felt somewhat weird. As for the black ball pic, thanks, but where is the Hurst letters on the sides? That is a key ingredient for that knob. Thanks.
only the white ball has the word hurst on it. i got the black ball direct from hurst. no engraved hurst lettering.

techmanBDsStang 07-09-2007 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Joolander

When I was ordering it, they had that option. It was probably like the ford racing one you can find on Lethal Performance site. It probably instead of coming with the chrome piece that says Hurst, it came with a shaft that has the threads for the stock shifter. But like I said, they didn't send that one to me. They sent the one with the white ball.

Jito007 07-09-2007 06:32 PM

When i first got my hurst I was looking for a black ball shift knob but I couldnt find one. Once I got the black one installed i just love it looks nice and it goes with my white stripes.

raubt 07-09-2007 08:14 PM

Do you keep the stock shift boot with the Hurst shifter? It looks like it sits a lot lower on the Hurst than it does on the stock shifter.

TrIpOd 07-09-2007 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: raubt

Do you keep the stock shift boot with the Hurst shifter? It looks like it sits a lot lower on the Hurst than it does on the stock shifter.
yes, its the same boot just lower and more sexy

Diabolical! 07-09-2007 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Joolander

Yes, I believe it's the short throw sold by FRPP.

Diabolical! 07-09-2007 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

only the white ball has the word hurst on it. i got the black ball direct from hurst. no engraved hurst lettering.
Summit sells the black ball that fits our hurst shifters with the word hurst engraved. It's a different part number than the non-engraved ball, and it cost damn near 50 bucks after shipping.[:@]

Fletch 07-09-2007 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

Summit sells the black ball that fits our hurst shifters with the word hurst engraved. It's a different part number than the non-engraved ball, and it cost damn near 50 bucks after shipping.[:@]
That's rediculous. I'd never pay that for a freaking shifter knob.

The white one looks good - stands out.

~Fletch~

danGT06 07-10-2007 12:30 AM

How hot does that thing get if your car is out in the sun? My white ball gets pretty hot so I couldn't imagine a black one.

PennState 07-10-2007 01:39 AM

damn i didnt know they had one with a black ball? anyone wanna trade white for black lol

blueshawk 07-10-2007 06:02 AM

I have the white Hurst ball and I think it stands out better like the "phallic" symbol it is in the black interior.

STANMAN 07-10-2007 11:37 AM

Anyone know if they make a red version??

stizang 07-10-2007 12:25 PM

That is inspiring me to get one now. It looks great.

StowesStang 07-10-2007 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: STANMAN

Anyone know if they make a red version??
Ew yeah, that would be so freakin bad-ass for sure!!!!!! Id be up for a red ball myself!!!

I think the black ball looks pretty wicked myself!!!!!

StowesStang 07-10-2007 12:53 PM

Duplicate post, sorry!

Feng Houzi 07-10-2007 01:14 PM

im just stuck with these blue balls... they suck...

Norse1974 07-10-2007 01:33 PM

PM sent!

ORIGINAL: blaven

I have a Hurst black ball that i purchased from summit last summer that i never used if anyone is interested, i'd be willing to let it go for a pretty good price. Send me a PM if you're interested in it

sleeper2 09-13-2007 02:49 PM

I finally got around to posting pics of the black ball on the Hurst shifter with the black interior thatsome people were asking about. It's part number 530-163-0108 from jegs.com if anyone is interested.

Sleeper2

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/P7190333.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/P7190332.jpg

alloutt 09-13-2007 03:14 PM

DOES ANYBODY HAVE http://www.lmperformance.com/5883/73.html this one?

acascianelli 09-13-2007 03:53 PM

I'm getting one of these in stainless to replace my white ball...

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftkn...hiftknobs.html

Goody625 09-13-2007 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

im just stuck with these blue balls... they suck...
Wow, I was wondering how long it would be! LOL