Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hail!!!

here in san angelo, it hails like that often from march to july... last storm was effin ping pong ***** falling from the sky... i leave eve in the garage if it supposed to thunderstorm... If i am at work, the base will pay for any damage caused by weather, so no worries there...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

We got hit last week by some crazy hail. Fortunately it was isolated and not widespread and my car didn't get hit.

We went into the theater and it was sunny skies. We come out and it is pouring like crazy.

So we start heading home and about 3 miles or so from the theater it looks as if we had a snowstorm. The ground is covered with hail. It literally looked like we has several inches of fresh snow in July.

There is a dealership that was right dead center of the hailstorm. I talked to a guy from there today and he said they have 260 cars with hail damage. They have 5 different crews of Paintless dent repair guys working to get them all fixed. Plus they had customer cars that were on premises that have to be repaired as well.

I looked at the dealership van he was driving and the hood looked like someone had taken a ball pean hammer and just started randomly banging on the hood.

I took my car into the Insurance company today to have the adjuster do an estimate on my car where some azz scratched it and there were several people there because of hail damage.

I am so thankful my car was spared the abuse.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moe07

so i am at the home depot the other night around nine pm. i am in the store shoping and i hear the rain. it had been raining off and on all day. all of a sudden i hear the rain hitting the roof so loud, i cant hear the guythat worksthere talking to me.[sm=icon_blah.gif] then i hear the ping................ping of hail in between the rain drops. i bolted to the door to save her, but by the time i get there it is hailing nickel size hail like i never seen before. I am in the entry way, the roof is a metal roof, i have to cover my ears its so loud. all the while i am thinking how many dents i am going to have by the time i get to the car when its all over. [sm=insomnia.gif]It finally slows and i run to the car and park it under the roof at the lumber door till the storm passes. I lucked out with only three dent in the hood the rest of the car is fine. man did i luck out on this one. I went to the body shop and its going to cost 687.00 to get it fixed. guess i will have to watch the weather a little more offten.
You could get a new after market hood for that cost. and get it painted. well at least i could. pays to know some cool paint guys.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

if you live in a hi hail area... such as texas... If your car gets damaged bad by hail... suck it up and get the insurance check, but wait until hail season is over to get it fixed... my buddies tacoma had hail damage all over it from the aformentioned ping pong sized hail... he got a check for something like 900 bucks... waited until mid-october... got the same work done, at the same shop, for 350 or so... Hail season is a body shops friend... use it to your advantage... or just get a aftermarket hood... those are cool too....
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

In February of 06, my car was damaged with quarter sized hail. My insurance took care of me in the amount of $9600.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

damn man! any pics of the dents, that blue car took a beating. that sucks, at least insurance covered it and looks like u got new panels too lol
Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

WTF. after i seen the blue car, now i dont feel so bad.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Hail dents don't photograph very well. The reason the quarter panel was replaced is because where the hail hit. It was impossible to get to alot of those areas. There were so many in the hood, roof and fender, it was more economical to just replace them. There were some other spots on the rest of the car was removed by paintless dent removal.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

ROFLMAO!! HOLY *** they did all that to fix hail damage? Damn thats crazy you must of had some huge *** dents all over the place. Cool to see that body shops do that though.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

$687?? What a scam!!

Quick Reply: Hail!!!