Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

procharger info.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:57 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

Default procharger info.

I have an 07 gt and im probably gonna be droping in a procharger here soon. Just curious to see if anybody has one on the new gt's. If so did you buy it online or from a local shop and how much did you end up spending? What do you guys think about the prochargers? From what I have researched they seem to be pretty SICK!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger info.

i have a friend who wont use anything but procharger. he forced vortech to refund him after the dyno proved their numbers wrong. prochargers are awesome. great power, great sound! where are you located, i may be able to help you out a bit?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

i have a friend who wont use anything but procharger. he forced vortech to refund him after the dyno proved their numbers wrong. prochargers are awesome. great power, great sound! where are you located, i may be able to help you out a bit?
The Vortech story sounds a bit fishy. Mine made more than Vortech claimed as has many others here who has the Vortech installed. Tell your friend the issue is usually the tune, not the Supercharger.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

The Vortech story sounds a bit fishy. Mine made more than Vortech claimed as has many others here who has the Vortech installed. Tell your friend the issue is usually the tune, not the Supercharger.
the issue is not the tune, but the tuner. he went to american speed factory for his dyno, three time winners of the ferrari challenge. they don't sell anything, and they won't do anything for anybody, therefore they have no vested interest in telling you anything butthe truth if you're lucky enoughto have them do anything for you. they happened to likemy friend,so they let him run it on their dyno. i was just at ASF today, i met a couple guys, awesome place, lots of sick ferrari's!

i should mention, vortech fully refunded my friend after he told them about his experience w/ ASF. they even paid him back for his install and uninstall.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

in this world, you get what you paid for. there is a reason procharger comes with the biggest price tag.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

the issue is not the tune, but the tuner. he went to american speed factory for his dyno, three time winners of the ferrari challenge. they don't sell anything, and they won't do anything for anybody, therefore they have no vested interest in telling you anything butthe truth if you're lucky enoughto have them do anything for you. they happened to likemy friend,so they let him run it on their dyno. i was just at ASF today, i met a couple guys, awesome place, lots of sick ferrari's!

i should mention, vortech fully refunded my friend after he told them about his experience w/ ASF. they even paid him back for his install and uninstall.
Tune, tuner, same thing since the tuner creates the tune, either way if everybody else can get 440 (I'm rounding here) to the wheels (basic SQ-V2 no cooler)it stands to reason those guys should have too. Not sure how many Spanish Oak S197's those ASF guys have tuned but if they have expert status with Ferari's and no experience with S197's well, you see where I'm going. I find it hard to believe that Vortech didn't send him or offer to send him a replacement SC and just folded and refunded his money plus installation charges etc...

The Procharger comes with the biggest price tag? Maybe for Centri's but not Roots or Screws... funny thing, last time at the track I raced a guy with the big buck Procharger with the cooler on it, his best was a whopping 12.6 to my 12.3 with equal 1.8 short times.

In this world you do get what you pay for, sometimes you pay more for less bang for the buck, paying more isn't always the better approach. I paid for a less expensive SC and more for a better tuner, when I add the cooler I'll be in the 11's, the guy with the Procharged S197 will still be wondering why we short time the same but he loses the rest of the way.

Vortech kicksbutt for the money in my book.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I've had my procharger for about 10 months now. Zero issues, impressive power etc etc etc,but I can't say it's better than any other. How would I know?...I've only ever tried the procharger on this vehicle.
I'll be selling this one and moving up to a F series procharger very soon.
There are a couple of things that I have experienced. 1.The P1SC comes with 39 lb injectors. Once car made 480 rwhp,I needed to upgrade fuel system(60 lb inj and GT500 dual pumps). 2. This model is rated at 10 lbs. My tuner certified it was 14 lbs boost at 6400 rpm. The thing is just rpm hungry and the boost just keeps climbing quickly after about 4000 rpm.

I don't do any of the car work myself, so it was probably more expensive for me than most folk. I think it was about $6K including install, maybe a tad more???
Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I put on my ProCharger myself. Took about 12 hrs time with some goofing off and pictures being taken.
Granted, I have a shop with all tools and a lift, so your install will vary. 07 GTs are easier to do because you dont have to relocate upper radiator hose and p/s reservior.
Power delivery is impressive (despite Vikings post) I hit 450 rwhp through an auto tranny. No other mods were done at that time. Procharger tuned my car on their dyno, only because they needed more experience with automatics. Procharger also had a write up in the current issue of 5.0 on an 07 GT. Hit 466 rwhp. Any more power is beginning to push the strength of the internals.

I am also a Procharger dealer. I can sell and ship. My shop does not have any type of tuning capabilities, so if your local (Kansas City) sorry, cant do that.

If you would like an idea on price, call 7:30- 6pm central time. 913-856-4549.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

too many factors to say whats what. the guy you raced may have sucked at driving, my friend may have gotten a defective vortech, though why they fully refunded when he mentioned ASFis rather interesting. there is a reasonASF calls their dyno"the heartbreaker." to win aferrari challenge you needprecision. theseguys spent over 40,000 to get an extra couple HP. thats serious business. if you knew what wentinto themakesof aferarri, and then turning it into a track ready racecar, you would understand that theseguysare more then well enough equipped to work with mustangs.anyway, who knows? bottom line,if you're happy, thats all that matters. im not trying to rip on the vortech, they certainly are from from bad. i justam sharingfirst hand experience with someone lookin to get a blower.we did get to compare each system, and on his car the procharger is superior.

Tune, tuner, same thing since the tuner creates the tune, either way if everybody else can get 440 (I'm rounding here) to the wheels (basic SQ-V2 no cooler)it stands to reason those guys should have too. Not sure how many Spanish Oak S197's those ASF guys have tuned but if they have expert status with Ferari's and no experience with S197's well, you see where I'm going. I find it hard to believe that Vortech didn't send him or offer to send him a replacement SC and just folded and refunded his money plus installation charges etc...

The Procharger comes with the biggest price tag? Maybe for Centri's but not Roots or Screws... funny thing, last time at the track I raced a guy with the big buck Procharger with the cooler on it, his best was a whopping 12.6 to my 12.3 with equal 1.8 short times.

In this world you do get what you pay for, sometimes you pay more for less bang for the buck, paying more isn't always the better approach. I paid for a less expensive SC and more for a better tuner, when I add the cooler I'll be in the 11's, the guy with the Procharged S197 will still be wondering why we short time the same but he loses the rest of the way.

Vortech kicksbutt for the money in my book.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

im located in Savannah, Georgia. way down here on the coast. Im kinda of in the early stages of looking into all the information regarding the various superchargers. I do know I will be getting one in the next few months. I do research everything extensively though. I appreciate all the replys fellas. I have not overlooked the vortech for one second. I know some guys with those on the older gts and they perform well. I really love that procharger sound.

Quick Reply: procharger info.