Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessories

Old 01-17-2005, 06:20 PM
bbadger

Default Accessories

Question out there on various accessories for the 2005 GT. Was looking at getting a stripe for the exterior of a GT. But am instead leaning toward a black Mustang, no stripes, but with the red leather interior. Anyone out there with the red interior love it? Or hate it? Also, anyone seen a hood scoop added to a 2005 GT? Was thinking this might be a better exterior accessory than the stripe. Anyone with an opinion on the hood scoop? Appreciate any of your opinions.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:23 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Accessories

I have only seen a cowl induction hood on the 05 GT,it was OK,seems more like a chevy thing to me. Also with where the air box is, the only functional scoop for the 05 would be a cowl scoop.If you are only going for appearance get some stripes,they look really good IMO! But if you would rather spend the cash on something funtional get a CAI,chin spoiler,etc....As for the red interior; it is bitchin! But I feel it would get irritating after awhile,kinda like a exhaust that is WAY loud,its cool for 2 weeks then it gets on your nerves.
N2F
Old 02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

BBadger,

I've got a Black GT with the Red Leather Interior and I love it. My wife wasn't sure about the red interior when we ordered it but after getting it, there was no doubt it was the right decision (IMHO). You can view some pictures here:

http://mustang.scootsbrewotr.com

Just move your mouse to the right most picture and they'll scroll. The interior is the 6th picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12619/5BF252C04A494265A6590514B4A170FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bbadger

Question out there on various accessories for the 2005 GT. Was looking at getting a stripe for the exterior of a GT. But am instead leaning toward a black Mustang, no stripes, but with the red leather interior. Anyone out there with the red interior love it? Or hate it? Also, anyone seen a hood scoop added to a 2005 GT? Was thinking this might be a better exterior accessory than the stripe. Anyone with an opinion on the hood scoop? Appreciate any of your opinions.
There are several options available. Classic Design Concepts has a Mach I style scoop and a Shaker scoop that should be available soon. The Mach I has turn signals in the back just like the original. Steeda also has a Hood with built in scoop that looks good. As for stripes, I have dual racing stripes from hood to deck lid with G.T.350 stripes on the sides. White stripes on Torch Red paint. I've posted pics before. Just search for td1320 on 2005 Mustang post's. I'm at work and can't post pics now.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

I have a black GT with the red leather interior - absolutely love it. It won't get old, at least to me. Eventually I'll replace the factory red mats with Pony labelled ones. I'll get red inserts for the lettering in the Mustang chrome kick pannells. Maybe some billet pedals and billet accessories inside. Exterior I have the standard billet wheels with pony spinner caps added. Magnaflow catback exhaust with 4" tips. 35% (max legal here) tinting. Am thinking about white or silver exterior stripes eventually.

Earl
Old 02-10-2005, 10:20 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I have a torch red one with the red leather interior and I love it! I'm also getting black stripes put on Monday.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I think the red interior looks like a classic. My car is black with a tan interior and I like it fine too. Its just that red interior reminds me of the old fords and thats pretty cool.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Bruno

I have the V6 Torch red with red interior. The web site didn't do it justice. I'm very pleased with how it looks once I saw it in person.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:27 PM
roxy

I haven't actually seen a hood scoop on car on the road but I was searching the internet and found out that Steeda has one they don't have a price for it yet but it they are claiming it will help with air intake. I am considering it for mine I just bought a Torch Red 05 GT. OH and about the red interior I would go for it I think it looks awesome.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

My 05 GT is redfire and has the light graphite interior. I didn't order it, but took the only GT deal I could get around here in the last 2 months. I think she is a looker though!!

I test drove a white GT that the dealer had striped from bumper to bumper, down the middle of the car. A wide section, with pin stripes just off the main stripe. It was tight. They had added $1000.00 to the MSRP. However, as I beat on them for two weeks trying to buy, they showed me where the shop had charged them $350.00. I passed on the car because the wouldn't go below MSRP + stripes, and were $4K low on my trade.

Enjoy your new car !!