Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$5000 for mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:17 PM
preacher32

Default $5000 for mods

Hey guys. From my few posts im sure you have figured out that I am very inept when it comes to cars, though I am in love with the mustang. I am currently deployed to iraq but will be returning stateside in sept. Ive saved all deployment (15 months) to buy the car. Instead of getting a new computer I plan to dropping the 5 grand into mods for the car. Unfortunatly the guys that like cars over here are all ricers. It would be nice to know what you guys would do with 5 grand for mods (anything but s/c or turbo). Heres what I have so far..

BMR Level2 PackageIncludes:
[ul][*]Front Swaybar (Part # SB022) [*]Rear Swaybar (Part # SB023) [*]Tokico D-spec Struts & Shocks (Part # DSP-12) [*]Upper Strut Mounts (Part # SM001) [*]Lowering Springs (Part # SP009) [*]Adjustable Panhard Rod (Part # PHR006) [*]Upper Panhard Rod Support (Part # PHR007S) [*]Control Arm Relocation Brackets (Part # CAB005) [*]Camber Bolts (Part # FC001) [*]Tunnel Brace (Part # DTB002) [*]Heavy Duty Subframe Connectors (Part # SFC011) [*]Strut Tower Brace (Part # STB009) [*]A-Arm Support Brace (Part # AAS001)[/ul]
AFE Stage 2 Intake System

Diablosport Predator Tuner

Magnaflow X-Pipe with Cats

The total comes to 3200 at mustang suspension. WIth a nice set of rims and tires plus a little more for install im looking at a little over 5 grand. If there is anything different you guys would do. Or a cheaper place to buy the items, or different things all together, your opinions will help me a lot.

Thanks again,

John
Old 07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: $5000 for mods

I was going to start a list, but then noticed you're a suspension man, whereas I am more of a drivetrain man, so its apples and oranges; the only suspension mod I did was the rear CA's and that was to get rid of the wheel hop (and it boy-howdy did BTW). Better pass this one on to F1 fan, or better yet repost in suspension.
...well, while I'm typing what the hell: my currents in my sig ran about 2K and I figure another 1K for the futures. I honestly don't know what I'd do with the car if someone dropped another 2K in my lap: delete plates, shorties, clutch and driveshaft upgrades, uh I'm really shooting from the hip here, I don't do appearance mods because I like the stock sleeper look...I pass, next please...
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

The suspension mods look good b/c these cars have evnough grunt from the factory to pull mid 13s. If you are hooking you may get a low 13 or high 12.

Not too sure what the AFE stage 2 intake system is but if its a cold air intake I would consider a C&L or JLT cai.. You can also get a combo kit (cold ir intake & diablosport) for a little less than buying each seperate. Check with your local tuners some may use SCT X-cal2 and not diablosport but both are good products.

The X-pipe will be good.

IMO rims make the car so rims are a must.

You might also want to look into a single aluminum driveshaft and maybe some lowering springs.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:50 PM
preacher32

Thanks for the quick replys guys! Im not totally stuck on suspension, I would be willing to trade it out, though I found the package and a few guys told me it would be worth it. I want to put as much power to the mustang BEFORE I beg my wife to put a s/c on it. So post anything that would put as much power out as possible. Thanks for the quick replys guys.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:05 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ only problem with that is, once you go s/c you may have to undo some mods (UDPs would underdrive the s/c, the s/c most likely will come with its own CAI, 4.10s too short a gear to maximize powerband with s/c, etc.). I've already told myself that I won't do s/c w/o a rear end, trans, clutch, and engine internals upgrade, and the money wasted on the aforementioned mods having to be taken off the car would be a drop inthe bucket compared to the money I'd be shelling out for "s/c prep"...But I'm talking fantasy-land here for myself; my goal with the car right now is a 12.6 on my current and future mods (with excellent driving), which I figure is what a stock GT w/ a s/c w/ no supporting mods runs, for about 1/2 the investment (me = 3K , s/c = >6K installed)...
Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

^^^ only problem with that is, once you go s/c you may have to undo some mods (UDPs would underdrive the s/c, the s/c most likely will come with its own CAI, 4.10s too short a gear to maximize powerband with s/c, etc.). I've already told myself that I won't do s/c w/o a rear end, trans, clutch, and engine internals upgrade, and the money wasted on the aforementioned mods having to be taken off the car would be a drop inthe bucket compared to the money I'd be shelling out for "s/c prep"...But I'm talking fantasy-land here for myself; my goal with the car right now is a 12.6 on my current and future mods (with excellent driving), which I figure is what a stock GT w/ a s/c w/ no supporting mods runs, for about 1/2 the investment (me = 3K , s/c = >6K installed)...
+1
Old 07-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

+1