Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic throttle control warning light??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Default Electronic throttle control warning light??

Has anyone ever had there Electronic throttle control warning light go on?? Mine has gone on a couple times now, so i restart my car and it is fine, is this something i should take my car in and be worried about??[/align][/align]The manual says "Electronic throttle control (if equipped) Illiminates when the engine has defaulted to a 'limp home' operation. Report the fault to a dealer at the earliest opportunity.[/align][/align]I am not sure if its ok because i restarted the car and now its fine but I really dont know.[/align][/align]Any suggestions, stories, anything about this??[/align][/align]Thanks[/align]
Old 07-16-2007, 08:59 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Electronic throttle control warning light??

Do you have a aftermarket TB
Old 07-16-2007, 09:08 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

not sure what TB is but my car is completely stock except i put the Dual GT exhaust on it
Old 07-16-2007, 09:11 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DRWS10

not sure what TB is but my car is completely stock except i put the Dual GT exhaust on it
what year and when was it built?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Its a 2005 V6, I would have to check the built date but i know i got it off the truck from ford just about 2 years ago.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

I take it I am the only one with this problem, i guess I will just bring it in and see what they say
Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I take it I am the only one with this problem, i guess I will just bring it in and see what they say
sorry been swamped...

no you are not the only one... this kind of problem is tough to diagnosis... since the wrench light doesn't always throw codes.. I would start with double checking to make sure your harnesses for the Throttle body are nice and tight...

Unless the dealership can replicate the problem they aren't going to be much help..
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

sorry been swamped...

no you are not the only one... this kind of problem is tough to diagnosis... since the wrench light doesn't always throw codes.. I would start with double checking to make sure your harnesses for the Throttle body are nice and tight...

Unless the dealership can replicate the problem they aren't going to be much help..
[/align][/align]Thats exactly what I was thinking, I will have to check that out.[/align]Thanks[/align]
Old 07-28-2007, 09:52 PM
06MustangGuy

I have had the problem. I have a 2006 Mustang (V6). The light (wrench) came on the first time about 4 weeks ago on a trip to No. California. When the light came on, the vehicle lost power...but was still driveable. I then pulled over...turned the car off and restarted. After that, the problem was gone. Well, so I thought anyway. Last night, the problem resurfaced. In addition to the 'Wrench' light, the 'Engine' light appeared too. I turned the vehicle off and restarted...the power was back and I was off again. But about a mile later, the problem started again. As such, I ended up taking the car to the dealership this morning. The dealer pulled the code. The Throttle Body needed to be replaced. The car runs great now.

The repair was covered under the new car warranty....didn't cost me a thing.

Now I'm wondering if I should by an extended warranty. It's the only problem I've had.

My suggestion would take it to the dealer...sounds like you have the same problem I had.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:30 PM
vdalbora

I have had the same problem with my 2011 V6. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and each time they can't duplicate the problem and it doesn't show up in the codes. Now they want to blame my after market air filter, my upgraded mufflers, and my new tires. I feel they are throwing me a line of bull

Quick Reply: Electronic throttle control warning light??