Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEEL SQUEAK IS FIXED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:59 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default WHEEL SQUEAK IS FIXED!!!

I finally got my car back to the dealer to fix that damn squeaking I've been complaining about in here for a few weeks now. After much speculation, I finally learned that the squeak was being caused from a high spot on the rotor. They fixed it and now my car doesn't sound like a piece of sh*t anymore ...

I've got a cool tech at the dealership that I go to. He has an older (late 90's) Mach 1 and an 89 GT. He drag races the 89. Anyway, he's a mustang freak like most of us in here, so I trust him. I know he'll look after my car like it's his own just out of respect for the car itself. Great guy.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:17 AM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WHEEL SQUEAK IS FIXED!!!

Im glad you got yours fixed.I'll be glad when I get mine back from the shop next week.Bad oil pan and oil pan gasket.It was leaking.I am also lucky that the dealership has been very good about getting this taken care of.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Good to hear.
I knew it was the rotor.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Hmmmm interesting...my front rotors squeek like a SOB as well and when i took it to the dealer and complained about it, they said i needed new front brake pads and that the rotors needed to be machined because of the hot spots....i was like okaaay well go ahead, thinking i was just going to be paying for new brake pads and everything else was under warranty....THEN he broke off with saying that it would be $658.00 because rotors and pads are maintenance issues after 10,000 miles and are my responsibility...i was like F*CK THAT!

What'd they do for you?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:01 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

You know, I have the same problem, I think. It is a faint squealing/grinding of metal coming from passenger rear (wheel area). I hear more when Im driving next to a wall or high curbs (somewhere where the sound can reverb back better) and predominately more in the heat of the day, not so much at night. It happens more on accel, the harder rhe louder. One tech from a POS dealer was claiming my Foose rims ae grinding on the caliper, probably. I really though it was a dumb**** comment, since there is no real signs of grinding. And if it was it woud be happening all the time, I think. Sso you guys think its ahigh spot. Do you think you could scan and pm me your workorder so I can show the tech of the good dealer Im going to and try and fix this annoying proble. The car looks like a million bucks but sounds like a hoopty. Please help.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

i have a break squeal. ford said my pads are fine. i dont know what to do, but it is pretty obvious. they said i must have done it painting my callipers, except i never removed them, just news papered the hell out of the area.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:47 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Well im sure its because of the rotors/break combination that we have going, aside from Yellow, im not sure what u got goin on........

when the pads depress onto the rotor, the friction there causes the squeel if not from high/hot spots, then for some other unexplained reason...i predict it would be fixed with rotors being machined and spaw pads.....but, "at what cost?" is the question, LMAO!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 0NF1R

Hmmmm interesting...my front rotors squeek like a SOB as well and when i took it to the dealer and complained about it, they said i needed new front brake pads and that the rotors needed to be machined because of the hot spots....i was like okaaay well go ahead, thinking i was just going to be paying for new brake pads and everything else was under warranty....THEN he broke off with saying that it would be $658.00 because rotors and pads are maintenance issues after 10,000 miles and are my responsibility...i was like F*CK THAT!

What'd they do for you?
They fixed my rotor (I don't know exactly how or what they did) at no cost. I've only got about 1,700 miles on my car.

By the way, if my car was white, I'd want it to look just like yours - SA-WEET!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:22 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

You know, I have the same problem, I think. It is a faint squealing/grinding of metal coming from passenger rear (wheel area). I hear more when Im driving next to a wall or high curbs (somewhere where the sound can reverb back better) and predominately more in the heat of the day, not so much at night. It happens more on accel, the harder rhe louder. One tech from a POS dealer was claiming my Foose rims ae grinding on the caliper, probably. I really though it was a dumb**** comment, since there is no real signs of grinding. And if it was it woud be happening all the time, I think. Sso you guys think its ahigh spot. Do you think you could scan and pm me your workorder so I can show the tech of the good dealer Im going to and try and fix this annoying proble. The car looks like a million bucks but sounds like a hoopty. Please help.
I feel for ya...It's like I said in another thread, all they do is look for the nearest mod and say, "Oh, there's the problem." Anyway, I was in and out of my dealer in about an hour. They didn't give me a work order. The tech that fixed mine told me what the problem was and said, "Your all set man, take it easy."

I am soooo happy that squeak is gone. It was embarassing because you new people were looking at your car to begin with and then instead ofJUST hearing your exhaust rumble, they hear SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK. It made me just wanna rag the **** out of my car.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:31 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

So do our problrms sound similar? Its not happening when I brake, its when I drive. Could you tru and let me know what the fix was or the culprit so I can tell my tech. Thanks.

Quick Reply: WHEEL SQUEAK IS FIXED!!!