MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Finally (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/325309-finally.html)

mfk1988 07-31-2007 04:58 PM

Finally

I finally made a choice as to what my first major mod is going to be. Now i know all you guys think cold air is the way to go at first, and i can see why, but the whole tuner thing makes me nervous because of the warranty void issue.After some very helpful advice frommany of youI decided to get theslp loudmouth axle back and thier x pipe with high flow cats. I have an appointment to get em installed next tuesday andI look forward to writingupa fullreview. By the way, anyone have this setup???

owero01 07-31-2007 05:34 PM

RE: Finally

Hope you like the sound. You know you just voided the warranty on the exhaust.

howarmat 07-31-2007 05:36 PM

I have been told its a little on the raspy side as opposed to deep.....it is also pretty loud.

PROMETHEUS PRIME 07-31-2007 05:54 PM

Hope you like em.

lldsandsll 07-31-2007 06:38 PM

they will sound raspy. nothing wrong w/ cai and tune, i havent heard one bad story yet. if you ever decide you want to add cai, i have a brand new jlt ii sitting around im looking to get rid of.

Stang_Heritage07 07-31-2007 06:44 PM

if your that worried w/ warranties...why do anything to the exahust, which itself has a warranty?
anyways...most of the SLP videos ive seen have H-Pipes on them, the X will make it a little more raspy

NickSezz 07-31-2007 06:55 PM

I don't have a GT, but ive been around here long enough to add my 2ยข. If you just want some more sound, I would just stick with the SLP axle backs. The high flows will make it annoying loud and the x-pipe is more raspy. If you plan on going o/r x or h-pipe later down the road, then I would get some real mufflers now.

I have personally heard a GT with pypes o/r H with pypes violators and it was stupid loud. It sounded crazy, but for a street car its not practical. The same car then switched to MACs and it was better. Still very loud, but better sounding.

s197richie 07-31-2007 09:22 PM

OP you are missing out on a great mod by passing up the CAI/tuner combo...and remember all you have to do is reload the factory tune and swap the stock air box back on for your warranty work (and only drivability warranty work...don't bother for a rear end noise, power window inop etc)...by letting yourself be intimidated by the warranty monster, you're gonna seriously miss out. I got my car two months ago and swore up and down I'd leave it stock...check my sigs, and now I'm considering a 75 shot to boot...
p.s. down the road when/if you start "sophomore" mods like gears etc you WILL NEED a tuner so get one now or sooner or later you're gonna hit a brick wall...

dirtydeedsinc 07-31-2007 09:47 PM

I agree you should get a tuner. With that you can put it back to stock for dealership work before you go in.

I have the SLP setup you're talking about and I like it. Still have the stock exhaust manifold, for now. Then again, I wanted it loud. Something along the lines of "if it's too loud, you're too old." I need to find a parking garage now since I just put the X on.

PLstang 07-31-2007 09:59 PM

Hey it's no point resisting once the mod bugs bitten thats it. You've already taken your first step now, no going back!

WALLACE 07-31-2007 11:44 PM

that car will be loud!!
consider this ,people have modded this car since it hit the road in 04.
there have been issues but most have been taken careof by one dealer or the next.
create some angles between you and the dealer, depending on what you need done,
very easy to return too stock from cai & tune.
because, if you go in there with that exhaust setup they will look for the tune.

WhiteStallion06 08-01-2007 12:02 AM

She will scream you can bet on it being loud. Ive heard the Slps with an offroad Y on a camaro and i love the sound but its all about what you like some people hate it some love it

mfk1988 08-02-2007 04:56 PM

The cold air is very tempting, and I probably will end up doing either steeda or c&l but for now its not practical because I have two tickets im fighting and the last thing i need is a real horsepower increase, lol... As far as exhaust warranty being voided, I realize ford wouldnt replace aftermarket parts if they brokebut thats why slp and other companies carry warranties right???

s197richie 08-02-2007 05:29 PM

^^^ the warranty concern is that your modication will void the warranty on that particular system of the vehicle, not that the dealer won't replace your aftermarket part if it fails (example - they try to say your CAI caused your check engine light to come on, or your gearswap screwed up your differential side bearings, etc).

ohnoesaz 08-02-2007 05:36 PM

Careful with that setup... once its on there is no going back (without spending a lot more $$$). Loudmouths are loud as it is, and so far everytime I've heard them with another mod, like headers, or an xpipe, or no cats, they've been insanely way too loud and raspy. I'd imagine with high flow cats and an X pipe they will be very annoying.

Also, a Ford worker on here said the only warranty-friendly mod is axle-backs, and going further up to the H-pipe and especially the cats will give warranty issues.

I'm not trying to put your idea down. Exhaust is usually a person's first line of attack. But be careful in what you expect with that setup....

mustangman02232 08-02-2007 05:37 PM

the warrenty on his stock mufflers, cat, 02 sensor, and midpipe will be void, nothing else

s197richie 08-02-2007 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Careful with that setup... once its on there is no going back (without spending a lot more $$$). Loudmouths are loud as it is, and so far everytime I've heard them with another mod, like headers, or an xpipe, or no cats, they've been insanely way too loud and raspy. I'd imagine with high flow cats and an X pipe they will be very annoying.

Also, a Ford worker on here said the only warranty-friendly mod is axle-backs, and going further up to the H-pipe and especially the cats will give warranty issues.

I'm not trying to put your idea down. Exhaust is usually a person's first line of attack. But be careful in what you expect with that setup....
yeah....if you swap out your factory midpipe, put it someplace safe because it's VERY EXPENSIVE to replace!

mfk1988 08-03-2007 02:49 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys, I think im gonna go for it. My guy at the shop is real adament about customer satisfaction so if worse comes to worse I will swap the slp midpipe for a bassani x with high flows. Ill be sure to let everyone know asap!!!

mightymouse 08-03-2007 03:09 PM

Sounds like he has his mind made up. i can see the SLP AB being ok. But i think he's going to get haseled by the law for being too loudafter he gets done with what he has in mind.

s197richie 08-03-2007 03:35 PM

well I hope that the same law that gives him a ration of sh*t is up the a$$es off all the loud harleys, owners of dogs that bark all night, etc etc...not fair just to single out the stangers, you know? Oh and also those boom-boom bass-mobile cars...

mightymouse 08-03-2007 03:41 PM

I not going to disagree with you there. i used to get hasseled for the exhaust on my srt-4. but there was nothing they could do about it because i bought it new with a borla cat back on it. hehehe!!!