Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
mfk1988
1st Gear Member

Default Finally

I finally made a choice as to what my first major mod is going to be. Now i know all you guys think cold air is the way to go at first, and i can see why, but the whole tuner thing makes me nervous because of the warranty void issue.After some very helpful advice frommany of youI decided to get theslp loudmouth axle back and thier x pipe with high flow cats. I have an appointment to get em installed next tuesday andI look forward to writingupa fullreview. By the way, anyone have this setup???
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally

Hope you like the sound. You know you just voided the warranty on the exhaust.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:36 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have been told its a little on the raspy side as opposed to deep.....it is also pretty loud.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:54 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Hope you like em.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

they will sound raspy. nothing wrong w/ cai and tune, i havent heard one bad story yet. if you ever decide you want to add cai, i have a brand new jlt ii sitting around im looking to get rid of.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

if your that worried w/ warranties...why do anything to the exahust, which itself has a warranty?
anyways...most of the SLP videos ive seen have H-Pipes on them, the X will make it a little more raspy
Old 07-31-2007, 06:55 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I don't have a GT, but ive been around here long enough to add my 2¢. If you just want some more sound, I would just stick with the SLP axle backs. The high flows will make it annoying loud and the x-pipe is more raspy. If you plan on going o/r x or h-pipe later down the road, then I would get some real mufflers now.

I have personally heard a GT with pypes o/r H with pypes violators and it was stupid loud. It sounded crazy, but for a street car its not practical. The same car then switched to MACs and it was better. Still very loud, but better sounding.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

OP you are missing out on a great mod by passing up the CAI/tuner combo...and remember all you have to do is reload the factory tune and swap the stock air box back on for your warranty work (and only drivability warranty work...don't bother for a rear end noise, power window inop etc)...by letting yourself be intimidated by the warranty monster, you're gonna seriously miss out. I got my car two months ago and swore up and down I'd leave it stock...check my sigs, and now I'm considering a 75 shot to boot...
p.s. down the road when/if you start "sophomore" mods like gears etc you WILL NEED a tuner so get one now or sooner or later you're gonna hit a brick wall...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

I agree you should get a tuner. With that you can put it back to stock for dealership work before you go in.

I have the SLP setup you're talking about and I like it. Still have the stock exhaust manifold, for now. Then again, I wanted it loud. Something along the lines of "if it's too loud, you're too old." I need to find a parking garage now since I just put the X on.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Hey it's no point resisting once the mod bugs bitten thats it. You've already taken your first step now, no going back!

Quick Reply: Finally