Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So get this

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:20 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: So get this

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Just remember to check your firearms! While PTSD would be a good excuse to off a couple rice lovers, we need you ripe and ready for Mustang action!
And at least look at the bright side- better they egg your car than your HOUSE!

your kidding right?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:55 AM
760Mustang
2nd Gear Member

I feel your pain. I wa over at my friend's house and took off a bit into watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I came to realize that something was on my windshield and took a gander at the street below my feet, only to find little white things everywhere. I put the puzzle together and realized that I had been hit by an egg. I drove home to see that a few others were hit along with me, which made me feel a bit less alienated. I got home and took note of where the damage had been done.

I saw that there were two good hits in my driver's side front tire/wheel and another on its fender. I could have been angrier, but I was really glad that there weren't any shell fragments left on my car. There were a few little globs of egg white along the side of my car, but that was from the wheel spitting them along the side on the way home.

The worst part is that I just had washed my car though. I mean it would have hurt less if it was dirty, but it was JUST washed. I didn't think that I would be able to wake up early enough to beat the sunrise over on the Souther California West Coast, so I had to pray that had white vinigar. I did and mixed it up with a bit of water and cleaned everything up. For the most part, it got cleaned up. I also had to wince as a sprayed her down with a hose to add an extra assurance to the lasting of my clear, but really don't enjoy leaving her soaked over night.

Oh well, **** happens. What can you do? I think I'll call it a night after I get this smell off of me.

You'll find that you might fall in love again after you drive your Mustang when you finish your tour. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

I am stationed in Germany currently, still havent been able to get all the crap together to get mine shipped. However, I had the same thing happen, the one night the car was left in my parents drive uncovered the whole neighborhood got hit. I got a call about it, but fortunatly my folks had woke up early and washed it off for me. It still really blows, not only am I paying for a car I am not using but someone else has to beat it up for me!
People are ***, makes you not want to take your car anywhere
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

OP your wife is the coolest! As I've said in other threads, most wives and gf's think of our cars as "the other woman" and we get the whole "so you're choosing that over me, huh?" jeez...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 AM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Unsocbl, I asked you on another thread, but didn't hear back.What wax do you use to get that fab shine?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

From someone who has been there to someone who is there... come home safe, Brother. If your near Philly, you've a cold one waiting for ya on my dollar. As for the stang... sounds like it's been resolved. Should ya find out who it was... I think all ya need to do is post their name up on the board and let karma take care of the rest.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM
mc429c
1st Gear Member

hey every one just wanted to respond to some posts here.
She is the coolest wife ever but what do you expect when I married the HOT NAPA chick (I love sending her on parts runs cause she knows more than most countermen)
Gunrnr: I have the bucket, water, soap, wax do not have M18A1 but from your name you might be able to help
BlueHerd: she learned she cant keep anything from me. When I was in Iraq in 04 my then 2 year old son told me "Dada yuck broken" and then she got on the phone and told me she fried the transfer case on my F350 Powerstroke. I have two little spys working for me.
Ollied: dont plan on using the .40 to quote Pulp Fiction (s197richie) "we need shotguns for this ****" doneand done
once again thanks for the support, I had wifey read this post and she laughed her @$$ off
Mike
Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

thanks for all, youve done F those guys
Old 08-04-2007, 04:47 PM
760Mustang
2nd Gear Member

My damage has been seen to be a bit more than I thought. After washing my car, I noticed that the impact of the egg causedthe hit area's paint to spider web. What's the best solution to this? It's not too serious, just about the size of an egg's end. Should I go touch it up or check it out with the insurance? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

Thank you for your service to our country. Come on home to that loving wife and a grateful nation. I know its just mid tour, but that's great too. God bless you man.