Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio System Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

Default Audio System Question

I have an '07 GT. On the panel where the dome lights are, it looks like there is a microphone for the bluetooth option. Can anyone verify this? If so, where does the cable terminate? I'm putting a Kenwood system in and wondered if I can use that mic (if it is one) or if I have to use the ugly clip on mic that came with the bluetooth unit.

Also, does anyone know if you can hook up 3 amps to the remote out wire on the stereo to turn on the amps? I've ran two amps off of one wire and never had a problem, but I don't want to take any chances with three. I'll be running the factory amp for the 8" subs in the doors, another amp for the regular speakers, and another amp for the subwoofer box in the trunk.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:13 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Audio System Question

Those 2 holes where the dome lights are, are the anti theft alarm sensors.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrluckycharm00

I have an '07 GT. On the panel where the dome lights are, it looks like there is a microphone for the bluetooth option. Can anyone verify this? If so, where does the cable terminate? I'm putting a Kenwood system in and wondered if I can use that mic (if it is one) or if I have to use the ugly clip on mic that came with the bluetooth unit.

Also, does anyone know if you can hook up 3 amps to the remote out wire on the stereo to turn on the amps? I've ran two amps off of one wire and never had a problem, but I don't want to take any chances with three. I'll be running the factory amp for the 8" subs in the doors, another amp for the regular speakers, and another amp for the subwoofer box in the trunk.
There is no built in microphone that I know of.

You can run 3 amplifiers off a remotre wire, but it is a bad idea for the longevity of your head unit. Wire up a relay instead...standard 30amp Bosche relay from Radioshack, and connect the power and ground terminals to one of the amplifiers.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:38 PM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

Now things are starting to make sense.... I do have the alarm

I was also thinking of wiring up a relay to run the three amps. It's just more wiring.. As it stands, I have a double DIN head unit with built in DVD, navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter and all of theamps.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
way2ccky
2nd Gear Member

Good choice on the head unit.. I bet I probably have the same one in my car.. Very easy install.. Sounds like the only thing you're not hooking up is the satellite radio..
Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Might I ask why you need 3 amplifiers? Unless you are running more than 4 sets of speakers or are piggybacking mono amplifiers for a db burp, there is no reasonable purpose I can think of to have more than two (a mono or bridged stereo for subs, and a stereo or 4ch for speakers).
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blaven

Those 2 holes where the dome lights are, are the anti theft alarm sensors.
+1, they are the interior alarm sensors.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:32 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

Might I ask why you need 3 amplifiers? Unless you are running more than 4 sets of speakers or are piggybacking mono amplifiers for a db burp, there is no reasonable purpose I can think of to have more than two (a mono or bridged stereo for subs, and a stereo or 4ch for speakers).

lol. ever heard of an active speaker set? Thats why i run 3...
Old 08-04-2007, 12:29 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

There is no built in microphone that I know of.

You can run 3 amplifiers off a remotre wire, but it is a bad idea for the longevity of your head unit. Wire up a relay instead...standard 30amp Bosche relay from Radioshack, and connect the power and ground terminals to one of the amplifiers.
Go one step further and get a delayed sequence aux relay that
sequences the turn on of those 3 amps so ony one is surging
at a time. It really sounds cool when the first kicks in and then
the second and getting louder and then the monster bass of three
amps all on. Its totally tripindicular. And add about 60 Farads
of boom cap along with the 300A alternator and double 00 wire
and about 20 15" subs and seat shakers along with the earplug dispenser
glovebox and now the head unit skips from the bass so its gotta
be fluid mounted and remotly operated because the vibrations
from your fingers cause it to skip...
Sorry got carried away.....
3 amps? Really? SPL comp?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 AM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

Lol....

Somewhere there is a factory amp that runs the two 8" subs that are in the doors (amp 1)

I've bought some infinity speakers to replace all of the 6x8's. They have a rating of 100w RMS each, so the 20 watts or so from the Kenwood head unit just won't let them reach their full potential, hence amp #2.

I also have two Cerwin Vega 12's to go in the trunk, hence amp #3.

I drive about 120 miles a day which equates to almost two hours. If I didn't have some music, I'd go crazy. It's already pissing me off now. I have my ipod hooked up to the aux input in the center console. Everytime I want to change albums, I have to take my eyes off of the road and somehow search until I find what I'm looking for. In my BMW, I have an Alpine unit that controls and charges the ipod. It's totally easy. Right now, I feel like I'm living in the stone age. And changing discs is just as much of a pain in the ***. I can't believe I used to do that all of the time in the pre-ipod period of my life.

Quick Reply: Audio System Question