Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autoshifter Update?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Autoshifter Update?

ORIGINAL: forrestgump

autoshifter? is these just a replacement **** for the autos or once you install you have to shift 1-D everytime, I like the way it looks cause its different but i DONT want to shift 1-D everyday...

just confused[&:]
It is a slap-stick style shifter which allows you to slap the shifter foward into second without it going too far, then slap it into 3rd, then d4. Or you can just leave it in drive and drive normally.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 AM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

Are these the only replacement ***** for the 05+ automatics ive been wanting to change it from the big T style but havent found anything yet, anyone have any other website with them?

Also are they pricey? And is it a self install or am I going to have to take it to the shop? Thanks sorry for the questions just really interested.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yes this is the only thing available so far and yes, its also ugly, but its either this or stock. Form follows function in my book.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

Form follows function in my book.
?? whats that mean?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

To a point I would agree but that thing isnt even close, a ball on a stickand the pics I have seen they dont ever cover the slot for the shifter so you can look down and see the inner workings.I want performance but I want style as well, this is a daily driver not just a race car and it needs to reflect that.Its a halfhearted attempt at best they used current technology with the ratchet shifter updated it to work with the newer tranny thenadded a metal stick with a ball on it. There are other issue's as well such as wiring, if you choose to add an extra like line lock on it because your wiring will be exposed if I were working on m old pinto it would be ok but not in my newer $26k mustang
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Audioi
2nd Gear Member

Cant wait, I am still bumming over the plastic stock shifter. Probably the least fav part of the car.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forrestgump

Form follows function in my book.
?? whats that mean?
Form follows function basically means that looks are secondary to purpose/performance.

I agree Mike that they could have done a better job. But until someone else comes out with something better or B&M decides to redo it, its this or stock. As soon as this one comes out Ill pick it up hopefully and then make it work until something else comes along. I know it isnt pretty, but there HAS to be something we can do to dress it up somehow. And hey, at least the **** unscrews so you dont have that ugly black ball at the top lol.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

And hey, at least the **** unscrews so you dont have that ugly black ball at the top lol.
Cant wait, I am still bumming over the plastic stock shifter. Probably the least fav part of the car.
+1 to that

anyone got any ideas on the pricing?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I heard its going to be around 300 ... i like the idea i dont know how much i would use it ... it is very very very very ugly .... but just as ugly as the stock. The stock looks like something that would be in a toy car. Maybe theres some way you would modify it with a shifter boot or something to spruce it up a little. But then people on here are going to be calling you a "POSER" you are trying to pose as a manual omg then there with be a 4 page thread bashing you because people have nothing better to do.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Audioi
2nd Gear Member

I like the T handle B&M that is used in some other cars.
We need to make a conversion so It fits our car.

Quick Reply: Autoshifter Update?