MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   just got my first 05 stang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/33020-just-got-my-first-05-stang.html)

atethecat 01-31-2005 04:17 PM

just got my first 05 stang

I have money to work with...what is out that I can put into my car...I've got $5000 to throw away...well thats what the wife will let me spend right now

blueangelfightr 01-31-2005 04:54 PM

RE: just got my first 05 stang

Congrats on the new car. $5000 can get you some good apperance mods and some engine mods. The thing is there is not that much engine mods for the new stangs yet. There will be soon though so don't worry. Good Luck.

atethecat 01-31-2005 05:01 PM

what kind of apperance mods can I get. I can't stand those young kids with the riced out cars so I don't want to go that route. money really isn't a problem for me. just the wifey gets mad when I go spending like crazy sometimes. thats why I bought her the escalade so I can justify buying my toy.

blueangelfightr 01-31-2005 05:18 PM

Ha ha. You can get a Saleen body kit, rims, bigger brakes (apperance as well as a performance mod). Just those little things.

atethecat 01-31-2005 05:28 PM

If I wanted a saleen I would of bought one. I wont pose. I like the older look it has and would like to add something that would compliment that

blueangelfightr 01-31-2005 06:05 PM

Its not posing. Its just a body kit. I didn't say to put on all the emblems and have the saleen window banner and all that stuff. That would be posing.

atethecat 01-31-2005 09:16 PM

I thought if it was the kit it would have the name

1fast05GT 01-31-2005 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: atethecat

I have money to work with...what is out that I can put into my car...I've got $5000 to throw away...well thats what the wife will let me spend right now
Before you start spending, maybe you want to wait a few months. There are not a lot of performance upgrades for the 05 and what's out there is a little expensive right now with a very few exceptions. Soon there will be a lot more companies to choose from and the prices will come down.

Earl 01-31-2005 11:07 PM

Some people are putting in cold air intakes and flashing thier chips with performance tunes. I'd love too - your only talking maybe $600-$700 there and a performance boose of probably 40-50hp or more, but it invalidates the factory warranty (not to mention my extended warranty) so I can't justify the mod as much as I'd like too. Also I'm 41 years old. I didn't buy the car to race and don't care too - but I do like the retro look and want it to perform well.

I have other things in mind (and they don't add up to $5000). A performance exhaust will not only get you 5-10hp but will also give the car a better sound. I have a Magnaflow catback system ordered from Ninosports for my black '05 GT. With the 2.5" factory mandrel bent exhaust a catback isn't as necessary as with earlier 'stangs - but when the price is approximately the same, what the hell I say. I'm in Texas so have to pay state sales tax but still shipped and with sales tax the entire #15881 catback exhaust with mufflers and tips is $433 - about the same as the axleback price.

For someone wanting to spend a bit more you could allways get a highflow cat replacements and possibly headers.

I'm contemplating a Steeda or MGW short throw shifter ($180-$250).

You might go with some aftermarket 18" tires and rims - can eat up some money there. I'm pretty happy with the factory 17" Bullits - I'm thinking about ordering some pony spinners for them - $100 for the set.

I'd love to get a shaker hood when CDC comes out with it - but then that gets us back to the CAI and peformance tunes and dealership issues. Some say you just reset your chip back to factory stock settings and the dealership will never know. Perhaps so. I think it likely not the case, not if the dealership wishes to be picky. FORD removed the ability to plug in chips for a reason - to stop the aftermarket tunes. As a programmer, I know how easy it would be to set aside a block of memory in the EPROM to record a log of when the chip is flashed. Ford would have been stupid not to implement that feature if they are concerned about getting a handle on aftermarket tuning. Also I live in an area where emissions are monitored very closely at inspection time.

Will probably get some Steeda billet accessories for under the hood and interior.

Good luck and have fun with her!

Earl

atethecat 02-01-2005 04:26 PM

thanks everyone for their inputs

05SatinSilver 02-01-2005 08:54 PM

Well, if I could get all this done at once, here is my list:
CAI, UD Pulley, 4.10 gears, TRI-AX shifter, SCT Flash, new wheels & tires then Racing stripes & window tint!

Good luck. Let us know what you do.

Dave...

getnmineinmay 02-02-2005 03:36 AM

something to cosider about brake and wheel selection so that you don't end up losing WHP (rotating mass) 4 larger discs alone can drop 6-8whp so imagine that AND a larger diameter wheel. i'm looking at 18's myself, but they're going to have to be lighter than the stockers, and have the right weight distribution characteristics (ie, not tapering up like the bulletts) for me to consider them.

racin4christ 02-04-2005 05:40 AM

all my cash now goes into my payment and insurance. lol. i went from 550 a month for a truck and now 750 for the stang. but she is worth every penny! I just have to eat out a lot less now

atethecat 02-06-2005 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: racin4christ

all my cash now goes into my payment and insurance. lol. i went from 550 a month for a truck and now 750 for the stang. but she is worth every penny! I just have to eat out a lot less now
I bought mine flat out. I pay about 250 a month on insurance but I got extreme full coverage. basicaly if a bird sh!ts on my car it covered. lol. I heard a lot of good thing about the next cobra that is suppose be out next year. I might trade this in and get one of those. what do you think?

nanaki 02-07-2005 09:23 AM

only your first 05? i just bought my fourth. ;)

j/k. congrats. not too many mods out for that piece right now. give it til next christmas. then you can get your car a nice bonus. :)

ChristopherCamel 02-07-2005 10:14 AM

Good News for me..i ordered my 2005 v6 premium mustang on january 10th, 2005..and i recieved a email friday saying the build date was this week :) .and it has all the features to it except the my color feature as i didnt see a need for it and didnt want to delay my order...so i should have it by the end of this month hopefully(February)..and yes i am 22years old and paying for it myself

2005 V6 mustang 5 speed manual trans
premium wheels w/ spinners
shaker 1000 sound system
wing and racing stripes
metallic sonic blue with black leather interior
total cost right around $24,000

nanaki 02-07-2005 10:18 AM

wow. 24,000 for the v6. dayum! you better enjoy that b!tch.

ChristopherCamel 02-07-2005 12:49 PM

oh i shall belive me, 24k wasnt to bad considering it is fully loaded except for my color and i also saved a 1000 bucks since i didnt get teh auto trans..i have a 1995 mustang now that is currently starting to fall apart so it is time to get rid of it...i will probably hang onto it for a month or two at least though.

nanaki 02-07-2005 01:14 PM

i would have gotten the 04 GT. could have gotten one fully loaded for way cheaper i'm sure. but i'm not you and you probably like the new body style. so more power to ya. i'm still not a fan of it. i had the choice of ordering an 05 or getting the 04 right then and there. i'm happy with my decision. :)

ChristopherCamel 02-07-2005 04:01 PM

yes but factor in what the resale value of an 04 will probably be compared to an 2005 in abotu 5 or 6 years..im betting the newer body style, which i do like better than 04...will have a slightly higher resale value than the older body..buit who knows

td1320 02-07-2005 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 05SatinSilver

Well, if I could get all this done at once, here is my list:
CAI, UD Pulley, 4.10 gears, TRI-AX shifter, SCT Flash, new wheels & tires then Racing stripes & window tint!

Good luck. Let us know what you do.

Dave...
I did evryone of those mods to my car except the shifter cause mine is an Auto. I got the window tint guaranteed for life for only $200.00. It looks really good with the torch red paint and white stripes. I would recomend the CAI with re-flash and 410 gears since this made the biggest difference in performance. Also the UD pullies were a quick change for $200.00.

tightdogal 02-07-2005 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: ChristopherCamel

yes but factor in what the resale value of an 04 will probably be compared to an 2005 in abotu 5 or 6 years..im betting the newer body style, which i do like better than 04...will have a slightly higher resale value than the older body..buit who knows
I wish it were like that, maybe im wrong but im betting 90% that just the fact that its an American car, it prolly wont get that much difference in resale value between an 04 and 05. American cars (esp fords ) never hold good resale value

Sidewayz6.0 02-07-2005 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: ChristopherCamel

Note that he said an '04 GT. It was always be worth more than the '05 V6. And you could have had the 04 GT for around $21,000.

Just a thought.