Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who else is broke?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

Default Who else is broke?

Alright so I know a lot of you really like to mod your cars and do so, but I am wondering who else out there is in the same boat I am. I have the mod bug like crazy, but no cash to do anything with. I will soon be 18, I have to pay off the car, pay for gas and insurance, and when I get my paychecks, they literally dissappear. Now, I love the car to death but that mod bug is killing me and I have no money to do anything to it with. It sucks! I have found really cheap mods like taking the louvers off of my old v6 before I traded it in, getting some limo tint, and buying a roll of tint (8$) for headlights and that turned out nicely. Any of you other s197 owners my age or not, getting this same feeling? IT SUCKS!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Who else is broke?

IM BROKE TOO! but all my money doesnt go into my car. ALOT does but not all. ive been wanting a tune, and new wheels so bad but just cant afford it.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

Yep, I'm with ya about having the "mod bug". Thank goodness my fiancee and myself make good money now. I bought some 20" chrome Saleen rims with Pirelli tires afew weeks ago and I'm looking at buying a Saleen supercharger set up whenever I can find a good price and a good place near me to install and tune everything. I have a Ronaele mustang so I'm really pleased with the look.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:12 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

House payment,bon bons, tampon's,car payment= no money for mod's.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

yeah seriously.... I got a 210 dollar check on thursday, I was like hmm that would be good to save for a CAI/tune package right? Wrong. 100$ goes to the bank for car payment/insurance, 45$ goes to a fill up on gas which will only last like 4-5 days, 20$ to dinner for 2 with the woman, and the rest is pocketed. No mods in the near future for me. Someone give me money.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

as odd as it sounds, the best way ive found is to not drive my car unless absolutly necessary. I did that for a month when i wanted my Short throw, ended up saving an extra $200 on the credit card due to lack of gas fill ups. My tank is $50 to fill up, so realistically if i only fill up and drive on 1 tank that month for the absolutely necessary times I save $200 a month. Not to mention i dont drive her if it snows on the ground or if they salt it so winters big savings to. If your tight for cash try it, just stay home, look up ****, MF, or W/E is free and watch the $200 roll in
Old 08-11-2007, 11:20 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT06GT

as odd as it sounds, the best way ive found is to not drive my car unless absolutly necessary. I did that for a month when i wanted my Short throw, ended up saving an extra $200 on the credit card due to lack of gas fill ups. My tank is $50 to fill up, so realistically if i only fill up and drive on 1 tank that month for the absolutely necessary times I save $200 a month. Not to mention i dont drive her if it snows on the ground or if they salt it so winters big savings to. If your tight for cash try it, just stay home, look up ****, MF, or W/E is free and watch the $200 roll in
I would love to but I am very active, I have to work almost every day which is a good 25 minutes from my house, I have to go to marching band almost every night which is 10 minutes from my house, and then theres some leisure driving in there too. Sure I could stop doing the non-necessary but then I wouldnt be having fun right?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

It gets worse when you are my age. I have no mods, and I'm not broke; I'm in debt.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:28 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Damn mortgage payments[:@]. Shoulda kept the cheapo rental place, more money to mod back then
Old 08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

rob a bank? Lol jk

but... if you did, atleast u have a badass get a way car, and id love to see that video up on youtube

Quick Reply: Who else is broke?