Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do the Math!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default Do the Math!!!

Looking at the production numbers for last month, there were a little more than 10,000 Mustangs produced. Multiply that by 12 for the number of months for the year and you get a little more than 123,000 units for the year. Now, out of that number, subtract the number of V-6 models being produced, say that is around 40 percent. As of the end of last month, there were 65,000 customer orders for the Mustang. Since they started taking orders in September, 5 months ago, they are recieving 13,000 orders a month.

Now, since I ordered mine in the middle November, that means there were about 32,000 orders ahead of mine. Not to mention the orders for the dealer stocks. So that means my order should get a build date around March or April. I hope the he!! not. I am tired of the waiting game just to get a VIN.

When you are in a small town and the dealer has to share the allocations with others in the area, that puts mine all the way to bottom of the bucket. But since I am waiting, that means I can put more cash down on it when it finally does get here. Maybe I'll have enough to pay cash up front. Maybe I'll be getting an 06 for an 05 price.

Can you tell that I am just a little frustrated over this whole thing? And to top that off, there are only 2 other GT's in the area and they don't even come close to what I ordered.

UUUuurrrrrrgggggggg!!!!!!

Sorry for the ventillation.......have to go to stop hyperventillating.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Mustang Kid

Default RE: Do the Math!!!

Your not the only one waiting. Its been over a month, still no ETA or VIN.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

interesting... you know though that just because they made 10k in one month doesnt mean that its their production limit. good luck dude, I can tell you though that their are GT's on the dealer lot right here in Valdosta.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:09 PM
66chevyIISS
2nd Gear Member

Ya our local dealers have a few on the lot, the problem is pretty much all the of the ones they get are fully loaded 28K+ msrp's. No one has any base models or low optioned non leather ones it seems. When it comes time to get mine Ordering will probably be my only option as well. I am holding out for late production though once the new buzz dies down a little.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

So glad I Put My downpayment in Jaunary 04, My order got in September9th, Recieved mine early October..... Yeah for me!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:55 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

My order was not supposed to be hear until May. Another dealer got a loaded GT in and I bought it out from underneath someone else. I feel bad but I had to have the car.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I scored mine today. An 05 redfire GT premium 5 sp. only extras int. sport app.pk. , and wheel locks. I have been watching the dealer inventorys in my area (Indianapolis), and have been calling when a GT shows. Yesterday I caught one that wasn't spoken for. I got the right salesman when I called, and was able to get a decent deal (trade value, or under MSRP depends on how you look at it). Anyway, there were a few others showing up in the area this week, and next. It sure helped me to stay ontop of the inventory info..

Any suggestions on break in?? I put the first ten miles on her tonight. I must say I like it !! My first 5sp, in several years. I had forgotten just how much fun Mustangs can be!!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Where are the Mustangs made? Anyone know?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Consumer guide . com say's USA. My window sticker lists Final Assembly Point: Flat Rock. I am not sure where components are from. I was trying to stay as made in the USA as possible. Not that imports/assemly in Mexico are a "bad" product. But with the struggling economy.... why not throw some work our way.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Where made? Don't recall exactly off hand, but, in the US and in a new factory with top notch equipment.

Quick Reply: Do the Math!!!