Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter Button

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:34 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Default Starter Button

I have a few questions about adding a starter button to my GT. When you crank the car with a key, it kills power to everything else like the AC and radio so that all the power goes to the starter. When cranking with the starter button, does it also kill power to everything else? Another thing, warranty wise, will a dealership care? Will they not want to repair anything electrical just because I added this? I understand them denying a new starter motor.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Starter Button

It takes the place of turning the key to the start position. If wired in rightit doesn't change anything electrical from the ignition switch the rest of the starting circuit. I personally don't like them since you still have to turn the key. Just one less click. But people think it's cool when installed.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I have it in my car and it's the exact same thing as turning the key except your pushing a button, it's pretty cool, everyone seems to like it too, i never thought it was that big of a deal, but everyone is amazed by it
Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

It takes the place of turning the key to the start position. If wired in rightit doesn't change anything electrical from the ignition switch the rest of the starting circuit. I personally don't like them since you still have to turn the key. Just one less click. But people think it's cool when installed.
i recently drove a rental (pontiac, yuch) where all you had to do was have the key in the proximity... like in your pocket, and then push the button. but dunno if aftermarket is that sophisticated yet.

I grew up with a key placed in the ignition, and turn. I would be confused with anything else.

but who cares wat I think?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:15 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MantaDreams

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

i recently drove a rental (pontiac, yuch) where all you had to do was have the key in the proximity... like in your pocket, and then push the button. but dunno if aftermarket is that sophisticated yet.

I grew up with a key placed in the ignition, and turn. I would be confused with anything else.

but who cares wat I think?
I would go for it if that was the case like in the Vettes.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

My Moms Mercedes the key is a credit card that goes in her wallet. When she gets close to the car the doors open and when she is in she just presses de button that is on stick of the transmission and it starts. Really really neat, when you leave the car the car locks up and if u get close to the trunk it opens and if you dont open it and move out it closes by itself. It is only a matter of time till they freaking drive you haha.

Andrew
Old 08-19-2007, 04:30 AM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

My Moms Mercedes the key is a credit card that goes in her wallet. When she gets close to the car the doors open and when she is in she just presses de button that is on stick of the transmission and it starts. Really really neat, when you leave the car the car locks up and if u get close to the trunk it opens and if you dont open it and move out it closes by itself. It is only a matter of time till they freaking drive you haha.

Andrew

They do drive you.....Lexus Parallel Parking
Old 08-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Has anyone installed one of these yet? I have one, but did not install yet.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:37 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Thats sweet with the vettes I saw that and was kinda like oh thats some cool sh*t i wish I had!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:47 PM
laredotexas
1st Gear Member

pictures??

Quick Reply: Starter Button