Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Dings and Dents

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang Dings and Dents

well i came outside this morning had my 2 month old gt parked on the streets of new york and i finally get my first ding in the rear bumper looks like a front license plate bolt hit the rear bumber and made a little ding and took off some paint but nothing to bad.[:@] cant see it if your 5 feet but just still bothers me i knew it would happen sooner or later, sucks not having a driveway. juss wonderin what kind of dings or imperfections u guys have on your cars if any.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Dings and Dents

sorry to hear it.

i received a little smudge while at costco awhile
back, but nothing to serious, it came right off.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 AM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

My jackass friend Ive known forever ran a shoppin cart into the back of mine. Nothing major, a small scratch about half an inch but still.......stupid idiot.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
760Mustang
2nd Gear Member

That sucks to hear. Early Wednesday on my first day of senior year, this may sound weird but...

I got rear ended by a gay guy in an old Firebird. For clarification purposes, I mean he hit my car with his car and that he is attracted to men.

Despite this, I don't know how he could have done it. It was a dead stop all the way to a signal and I was about 3/4 up the block and I hear him lock his breaks and slides into my rear fascia.

While the traffic was still at a standstill, I put it in park and went to investigate what I thought would put me over the edge. Inside my head I was just trying to bottle up the anger as I walked around to the back. I looked and was relieved when I saw not even a scatch on my baby. I sighed and shook my head at that D-Bag as he looked like he was ready for a pounding.. err. . beating.. err.. a punch to the head.

I would have rather the incident not have happened, but at least nobody nor nothing was damaged.

Again, sorry for your misfortune.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

I had a large chip of paint taken out of my front quarter panel, I was pissed! Don't know how it happened but I got it fixed for $300. The only thing now is a tiny ding above my rear passenger tire from some idiot hitting my car with a door.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:29 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I have multiple stone chips on my front facia, fenders and hood. Just part of driving out in the real world. Bound to happen in a couple years I might have them all profesionaly fixed so far I am just using a touchup paint pen so I dont get rust of further chipping in the same spot.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:14 AM
lenster

Craezjo, I feel for you, the bumpers on these cars are really sensitve. I too live in NYC. I very rarely parallel park it on the streets. Also, due to the mirrors not folding in, crazy bicyclists may bang into your mirrors. When I park in my garage, I always put the full wrap-around bumper pads on my vehicle before the attendents park it.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 760Mustang

That sucks to hear. Early Wednesday on my first day of senior year, this may sound weird but...

I got rear ended by a gay guy in an old Firebird. For clarification purposes, I mean he hit my car with his car and that he is attracted to men.

Despite this, I don't know how he could have done it. It was a dead stop all the way to a signal and I was about 3/4 up the block and I hear him lock his breaks and slides into my rear fascia.

While the traffic was still at a standstill, I put it in park and went to investigate what I thought would put me over the edge. Inside my head I was just trying to bottle up the anger as I walked around to the back. I looked and was relieved when I saw not even a scatch on my baby. I sighed and shook my head at that D-Bag as he looked like he was ready for a pounding.. err. . beating.. err.. a punch to the head.

I would have rather the incident not have happened, but at least nobody nor nothing was damaged.

Again, sorry for your misfortune.
haha you reared by a ***
Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
lenster

Paintless dent removal (PDR) should fix it up nice
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I had an interview with a mom and her son last night.He was 2 1/2 ( I run a home daycare )
Anyways...I couldn't wait to get this kid outta my house. He was terrible. Walked them outside because I had my car in the driveway and I had to be somewhere. That little **** kicked my front bumper !! That was the last straw. I grabbed the file I had given her to fill out and told her " NO WAY...He didn't just kick my car !!!!" She said he was kicking a masquito. WTF !!!!
Lucky... no damage. Needless to say, that little boy won't be coming here.

Quick Reply: Mustang Dings and Dents