Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:06 PM
JerseyGT

Default help please

good afternoon fellas
so on Saturday I am cruising down the road at about 70 when a f^&king 18 wheeler decides to move into my lane. His front passenger wheel lugs begin to gring my rear driver side wheel and rear quater panel. I finally pull off his truckand lets just say I am now an official nascar driver(I mean **** I spun like a top and fishtailedeverywhere

here is my question can theentire rear driver side quater panel be replaced on my 2006GT?
looks like it can but I am sure someone here knows for sure
I am having thework done at a ford dealership that has its own body and paint shop
I just hopeshe reutrn to me as good as new.
any tips?
thanks guys
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: help please

i dont see why not

[/align]
Old 09-03-2007, 01:53 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Wow, that has got to suck! Good thing your alright! They should be able to cut out the old panel and put in a new one, I would think.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

here is my question can theentire rear driver side quater panel be replaced on my 2006GT?
Yes....sad to say,but mine has been replaced.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:05 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

yup ... my driver side 1/4 panel has also been replaced.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: JerseyGT

good afternoon fellas
so on Saturday I am cruising down the road at about 70 when a f^&king 18 wheeler decides to move into my lane. His front passenger wheel lugs begin to gring my rear driver side wheel and rear quater panel. I finally pull off his truckand lets just say I am now an official nascar driver(I mean **** I spun like a top and fishtailedeverywhere

looks like it can but I am sure someone here knows for sure
I am having thework done at a ford dealership that has its own body and paint shop
I just hopeshe reutrn to me as good as new.
any tips?
thanks guys

Watch out with dealers... I live in Orlando FL and there isn't one dealership (ford orelse) worth a F@#! with body work. I even hadpeople coming to my shop right after a dealer here in town, work on their car and totally srewed it up! And, it was an insurance job! Close to $10000original damage ( on a brand new car at the time), The customer sued the insurance company to have it redone at my shop. He won and now is one of my best customer since He's had me done a lot of mods on his Stang.

Dealers have too much of turn around to have steady quality body work and besides, good body men are scarse.
Go to you dealer ununounced and hang out by the paint booth and check out freshly painted cars if you see any... Hopefully, you won't be scared by what you see. Good luck to you.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:00 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Yup .. stay away from dealer bodyshops (who are also required to report to CarFax) and sometimes also from the shop your insurance company recommends. Most of the time the insurance company will lowball on parts and materials ... and if you get it done at the shop authorized by the insurance company ... they will try to do the repair just as the insurance company appraises and pays ...
Old 09-03-2007, 03:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Yup .. stay away from dealer bodyshops (who are also required to report to CarFax) and sometimes also from the shop your insurance company recommends. Most of the time the insurance company will lowball on parts and materials ... and if you get it done at the shop authorized by the insurance company ... they will try to do the repair just as the insurance company appraises and pays ...

Yep, I forgot to mention that...
Good job dmhines
Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

That sucked, I bet it happend on rt 80... I live in Jersey and a lot of crap happens on that road.