Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with XenonMods

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 AM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Problems with XenonMods

Thanks for the heads up guys....I was planning on ordering some bulbs from there but I guess I will look elsewhere. Good to know!!! Thanks for posting your experiences for others.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

http://www.stangmods.com/Chrome-Ambe...bs-p/00729.htm

Old 09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

i know this issue was originally raised a couple of days ago, but i'm curious if anyone who has recently placed an order for stealth bulbs with xenonmods has heard from them yet. i just sent a second email requesting some order info, but i'm on the verge of cancelling and ordering from stangmods (even though it's twice as expensive [:@]); the housings will be arriving today, and i guess now i'll have to wait another week for the install [:'(]sucks!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
DocVenture
1st Gear Member

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and got them in a couple days. Leave them some negative feedback on ebay and I bet you get a response.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

Update: I finally rec'd the bulbs this Wednesday (Sept 5th) and also finally got a reply to my messages from the owner yesterday.Now mind you, I placed that order on August 22nd andsent my firstfollowup email to them on August 28th, but the postmark on the shipping box wasdatedAugust 31st....so it's obvious to me that the items weren't shipped until after I sent them my first message to followup on the order. Whether the timingwasa coincidence ormy first message is what acctually prompted them to complete the order remains to be seen, butit still bothers me...especially considering that they received payment from me via PayPal on August 22nd (validated by my bank!).What bothers me even more, though,is that when theowner replied to my second message on Wednesday, he said "the 28th was last Tuesday, so they would have shipped on/around the29thor 30th." Uhhhh, nooooooo, their website clearly says the following (quoted verbatim): "We ship each and every item within 24-48 hours of the payment, and in most cases the items will arrive to you within 7 business days or less from when you placed the order. If there is any problem with an order on our end, we will notify you IMMEDIATELY of this, and work it out."

Yeah right!!

Now that I received my bulbs, I can honestly say that theworse part about all this, for me personally, is that heand I had two different email exchanges yesterday and he never ONCE apologized for the delay OR for not contacting me AT ALL to let me know what the heck was going on with the order. In one of my responses I made it a point to tell him the following (again quoted): "I never received an order number ora confirmation email after the transacton was processed, and I was verydisappointed that I never received ANY communication from you (untilnow) to confirm the order. In my opinion, that's a poor businesspractice! In your defense, the order was indeed processed, but I firmlybelieve you should provide your customers with SOME sort ofcommmunication to let them know it's being processed instead of leavingthem hanging and wondering like I had to for two full weeks."

And like I said, he never apologized for anything! Not for taking more than a week to process my order,not for failing to respond to my emails,not for anything.

One more thing I must share that I find bothersome: if you go their website you'll find a link that says "trusting our business", and another within that page that allows you to go to feedback ratings on eBay regarding their business. If you click that feedback link and read some of the reviews their customers have posted, most of them are indeed positive. HOWEVER,if you take some timeto also read the NEGATIVE feedback, you'll find a few in which the owner replied in what I feel is a very sarcastic and condescending tone to their customers -- people giving them business!!!!In one case he said (quoted), "Hmmm...could it be you didn't follow instructions. Work fine for everyone else"....which I think is verycocky onhis part. Andin another feedback, someone posted a message saying they never received the items they ordered even though his payment check had already been cashed, and the owner replied with this (quoted): "I'm sick of non-paying people on this site! Go somewhere else to screw people!" Now it's not my business what the truth is about that payment or not, but right or wrong, I feel that a cocky response like that from a business to a customer is completely uncalled for.....andbothresponses tell me ALOT about how unappreciative XenonMods is for the business customers like USare giving them. Oh yeah,and there are plenty more negative responses just like those if you take the time to read them. Absolutely poor business practices in my opinion.

Anyway, enough of my diatriabe. Give thembusiness inthe future if you feel otherwise, but as for me, I will NEVER purchase another item from them ever again.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I think they are overwhelmed with a ton ofe-mails. They had a bad batch of bulbs from the manufacturer and it took way longer than they expected to get the new ones. S**t happens, and it flows down hill.