Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steed UDP craziness

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default Steed UDP craziness

so i was talking to a guy who has a really great track car, and really knows his **** and i told him i was going w/ the UDP's. he told me not to waste my money. he said they only affect your accessories and don't increase power, and he only uses them on his car (a short block w/ nitrous running consistent 10's) because of the effect on accessory, not power. i called steeda and told them the jist of what he said. they said to me that i will see power increase and mpg increase, and i will feel it. i said can you guarantee this? he never said yes, he just said we've tested them and are the leading company in this or some BS like that. then i said, "ok, i'll dyno before and after, if i dont get power will you refund me?" he said not for the dyno. then i said, "how about for the part?" then he said "not if it was installed." then i said "but you you told me that you've tested again and again, so in essence you are assuring me, aka, guaranteeing i will see gains." then he said to me "you better not buy these pullies," and he hung up on me. so whatsup with that???
Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Steed UDP craziness

LOL.

As with many mods, youll find that these companies inflate their numbers based on the accompanying tune, and things like that, instead of on the actual part. Do I think UDPs help? I do actually, but only for 3-5hp max, but I DO NOT think they're a good buy due to the danger of taking dampening away from the crankshaft. Not a good idea. I realize Steeda says their UDPs are SFI approved but imo that cash for just a small gain + a small amount of danger is not worth it at all.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

good advice man. plus, my friend said that my accessories will go to ****, like a/c wont do much for example.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Alternator and AC will be less effective.......thats the truth. Spin em slower, they work less, provide more power to the wheels.

Brenspeed says at most 10hp. Not a bad thing for $200, but if you plan to supercharge, they are useless at that time.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

i dont plan to supercharge anytime soon. will the effect on my accessories be bad enough that i shouldnt do it? i almost never crank the a/c up full, so i was thinking maybe at full it would be fine. i have an awesome deal for these UDP's, like 1/3 price of a new set. will i need a new belt?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I hate the extra horsepower for only 200 bucks.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

as long as i got a lot of attention here, how do i get pics to show in a post like TB does in his write-ups? can someone give me this process for dummies, lol?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

I Garuntee that if you buy these pulleys, you will see an increase of 200...............dollars in Steeda's bank account. Thats about it
Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

lmao^^

guess thats why that convo went the way it did w/ the dude at steeda .
Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third_Horseman

I Garuntee that if you buy these pulleys, you will see an increase of 200...............dollars in Steeda's bank account. Thats about it
I beg your pardon.

Quick Reply: Steed UDP craziness