Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell the Mustang for an 08 Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sell the Mustang for an 08 Vette?

ORIGINAL: s197richie
Anyone who isn't saying "keep your mustang" is gonna get flamed.
I disagree. Get ur vette if thats what makes u happy, and sell the stang to someone who appreciates it.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
SkidLid
1st Gear Member

I am a Ford guy period, always have been. But performance wise dollar for dollar the Corvette is the way to go right now if you can afford it. Lately the Ford interiors have blown away the GM's IMO, the feel,ride,noise,comfort.ergonomics (did i spell that right?), etc are superior again IMO.

Anyways i say go with your first instinct, either way you can have one hell of a ride. Or you could always opt for the 1991 civic with a fart can and spinners. Personaly i would go for the Mustang, Your mods make it a very personal investment.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

An 08 Vette? Go for it...
Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

Do I sell the Stang before putting any more money into it and import an 08 Vette for about $55k?
I figure if I get a supercharger on the Mustang, with all my mods, total would be just over 50K (suspension, Whipple, wheels, brakes on top of a $34,000 car)
Is a modded mustang a better performing car? Is it a better overall car?

The reason I never persued the Vette at first, was in Canada they retail for $69K starting. The US, I can equip one with Mag ride and transparent roof for just under 50K. Our dollar is on par right now.....so its the best time its ever been to bring one across.

I appretiate any response from owners of modified mustangs and of Corvettes.

Thanks
Hindsight if I had to do it all over agan with all the thousands of dollars in suspension, tires and rims, engine work SCing it, custom fiberglass stereo that I put into the trunk. Thinking back on all the checks I have written over the last year I think to myself that hell yes I would do it over again. I have met some pretty cool people and I always, and I mean always turn heads when I pull into a parking lot. Everyone I know my boss (who's late 50's) neighbors (50's) drive vettes. Not to mention you can only have 1 passenger in the car. My favorite part about a back seat is having witnesses when I pull away from other vettes, and yes I can and have beaten the new c6's. I haven't raced the Z06 yet.
well thats because your car is a beast...plain and simple.... as a matter of fact, you shouldnt be allowed to post on this topic, because your just going to make everyone on these two pages buy more mods!!! haha. (but not me I'm saving up for the dp in my sig)
Old 09-30-2007, 07:30 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

08 Corvette= leather interior, 435 HP stock more comfy seats etc etc

This is for the 08 only. It was mildly redesigned.

What would I do? I'd take the Corvette in a heart beat.

Sorry guys, I've always loved Vette's
Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

you guys are comparing a $25,000 car to a $55,000 car!! of course the 'vettes going to be the smarter choice if you can afford it. Some things to consider though, the vettes are much lower to the ground, do you regularly drive over speed bumps (parking lot at work maybe)? Do you have a high driveway? my friend has a lowered GT and a high driveway and fukked up his front lip on the driveway. Do you use the back seats? what about trunk space?

I think you should go for a GT500, You have the same interior luxaries, feel of the car,and with the same if not more performance and handling features. Plus the GT500 looks 10x better than the C6.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

I say if you sell the stang your a traitor
even if you don't put people in the back seat you can put a helmut for going to the 1/4 and an umbrela incase it rains and still have space for a passenger
and vettes are for old people or rich kids and they're death traps

And....

what build quality/luxury feel bla
I've sat in a vettes before z06/and regular cheapest feelling ever it felt like I was gona fall through the bottom of it
and the floor to seat clarence makes it worse it felt like I had to fall alittle to get in
everything on the vette felt like it was about to break and that was one with 0 miles on it

if you think it feels good then good for you but my opinion is the build quality of the vette is very poor
These have got to be the two most worthless posts I have ever read in my life and I have read some real crap before.
He is a traitor for going with a Vette? Give me a break dude, only sheep and monkeys follow blinding where ever a manufacture takes them. [sm=loser.gif]

There is plenty of space in the trunk for an umbrella and/or a helmet, which still leaves plenty of space for a passenger in the passenger seat where they belong.
The Vette is made with bad quality? LOL, have you ever actually driven or rode one before without your Ford is superior then all else and blinding your objectiveness attitude?
Do yourself a favor and drop the blind love crap; only then will you be able to see that there are plenty of other nice cars out there made by other manufactures other then Ford.[sm=chairshot.gif]

I say go for the Vette, as much as I love my Mustang the cold truth is a modded Mustang can never hold a candle to a new Corvette, beside people are making sick power out of the 08's with realitivly cheap bolt-ons.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1
ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude
I say if you sell the stang your a traitor
even if you don't put people in the back seat you can put a helmut for going to the 1/4 and an umbrela incase it rains and still have space for a passenger
and vettes are for old people or rich kids and they're death traps

And....

what build quality/luxury feel bla
I've sat in a vettes before z06/and regular cheapest feelling ever it felt like I was gona fall through the bottom of it
and the floor to seat clarence makes it worse it felt like I had to fall alittle to get in
everything on the vette felt like it was about to break and that was one with 0 miles on it

if you think it feels good then good for you but my opinion is the build quality of the vette is very poor
These have got to be the two most worthless posts I have ever read in my life and I have read some real crap before.
He is a traitor for going with a Vette? Give me a break dude, only sheep and monkeys follow blinding where ever a manufacture takes them. [sm=loser.gif]

There is plenty of space in the trunk for an umbrella and/or a helmet, which still leaves plenty of space for a passenger in the passenger seat where they belong.
The Vette is made with bad quality? LOL, have you ever actually driven or rode one before without your Ford is superior then all else and blinding your objectiveness attitude?
Do yourself a favor and drop the blind love crap; only then will you be able to see that there are plenty of other nice cars out there made by other manufactures other then Ford.[sm=chairshot.gif]

I say go for the Vette, as much as I love my Mustang the cold truth is a modded Mustang can never hold a candle to a new Corvette, beside people are making sick power out of the 08's with realitivly cheap bolt-ons.
I'm not blind
an enzo or veyron ya if I had that kind of money
I have been in vette's and didn't like it at all
if someone gave me a vette I'd turn around and sell it (after 30miles to be sure)
sure the vette has more stock HP but if your uncomfortable to the point of pain it doesn't make since to me
Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Who cares about luxury, it's a damn Mustang. Go ahead and get a Vette, everyone needs a daily driver right? I hear they get really good gas mileage too, while we are on the subject of dumb things to look for in a muscle car.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Lots of people now are considering the US import now that our dollar is on par. I actually was just in Seattle this weekend scoping out prices on cars. Just make sure you truly know the costs of bringing it across the border. You WILL be hit with an import fee of at least 6% of the purchase price of the vehicle, plus you will have to modify the vehicle to make it legal in Canada among a few other import fees.

This site breaks the process down if you are unfamiliar
http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

Quick Reply: Sell the Mustang for an 08 Vette?