Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Traction Control Delete?

ORIGINAL: 157db

ORIGINAL: Blue Meanie

Thinking of heading back to the dealer today. I don't know right now if the T/C is enabled and doesn't have the switch, or if the program is even active. I think I read that the Shelby Hertz rentals either have the switch deactivated or removed for liability reasons while they were being rented, but this one was supposed to be headed to Roush. I'm not crazy about traction control in the first place, but I'm using it as a DD and we have winter here.
You will be crazy about it in the rain and snow.
Is it active and you cant switch it off or is it
inactive and you cant switch it on?
Are the Hertz Stangs locked in to TC and
it cannot be switched off?
The Hertz ones just have something behind the button so you cannot press it to turn it off. Pop the button off, remove the piece behind it and have your way with it! Just return the piece installed when done
Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Hertz fun!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Blue Meanie
2nd Gear Member

Just back from the dealer. Had to convince them that it was supposed to have it. Was told by the sales manager that it might not be there because of a "mid year revision" and "are you sure that its available on the GT?".I then showed him over a dozen 2008s on his lot that had them. They sent me to service where they did the " its supposed to be like that" act again, and started looking for the button in the center console and under the dash, like the assembly line guy was going to get creative in switch placement.I had to explain to them that I used to be a tech in a Ford dealer and know the "tell the customers thats a normal condition" routine. It will be fixed next week.

I don't know if its engaged right now because I'm trying (very hard) not to beat on it yet. When I start it the little yellow car going out of control idiot light comes on for a second. I launched it at 2000 rpm and got some moderate wheelspin, so I don't know.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

How are they going to fix it? Are they going to install the switch or what? I amanxious to here how this drama ends. So please let us know next week what happens. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

its engaged right now
Old 10-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Sho

All Roush Mustangs, even the Stage 3's and the elusive 427R have the traction control system installed and do have the enable/disable switch. Mine is just a stage 2 but i have been in a few others and they are all there. I think someone used your car as a part out somewhere along the line and never replaced the switch. dealers do that all the time. If a part on a sold car goes bad they jerk it off another car on the lot and do that to keep their overhead down. Then when you come along and buy that car they try the old we dont know what the F*** you are talking about routine. In an effort to steer you away from the hassle of dealing with them. That is a standard issued item on all Ford Mustangs, they have to give you one. Get the dealer to put the switch in. I'm sure the plug is right rhere behind the dash and ready to be plugged in. Simply tell them, i know you know it is suppose to be there, stop bull****ting me and fix the problem. If they get snooty drop the F bomb a few times, i mean FORD.... Dirty people... threaten to call ford and have them confirm it, then its their *** for selling a car not containing all of the required items. When threatened with going over their head directly to the manufacturer they often give in quickly in fear of drawing attention from Ford for underhanded dealing.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:53 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Sounds fishy to me?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Blue Meanie
2nd Gear Member

When I was a dealer tech (long time ago before I got a real job) we wouldn't have any problem just going over to the parts desk and getting a new one. It takes longer going to the service manager to get him to go to the sales manager to try an find the keys for another car, and then going out there and swapping parts, much less installing a delete plate. The sales staff is just plain ignorance. 95% of the sales staff have no idea of what they're selling. Maybe last week they were selling Hyundai's and next week they might be selling plasma TVs at Best Buy. Almost all service managers will try to tell you that its"normal operation" so they don't have to pick up warranty work. I'm pretty sure that the harness is sitting right behind that plate as well. Might've just been an assembly line guy forgetting that it was a GT he was putting together. I do get a free oil changefor my troubles though. Yay.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Nick62087
1st Gear Member

can you post a pic of what your button (or lack thereof) looks like? I'm interested. Right now, im picturing a blank black piece, kindof like the blanks for the MyColor option, on cars that don't have it.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

they don't use the nice oil for your new car

Quick Reply: Traction Control Delete?