Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker Install Video

Old 10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Shaker Install Video

Hey there,

I installed my Shaker about a week ago. I planned on taking photos and putting together a tutorial like TacoBill and other people have in the past, but I didn't have my digital camera during the time I did it, so I just wound up with a video of the cutting process.

Classic Design Concept's Shaker is great! The two MUSTANG decks are a great addition, and the large size of the overall unit makes the engine look way meaner. Worth $800.00? Probably not. I have no regret of purchasing it, but when it arrived I realized how simple the construction of the unit really is. Thin plastic with some cast aluminum bolted to the top - I'm not complaining, CDC did a great job, and its not like I could have crafted a shaker on my own, but lets just say it's not costing them no $800.00 to manufacture it, thats for sure. ;-)

A few tips for future installers: Definetly cover the whole car in a cheap plastic drop cloth. I was glad I did. There were metal shavings laying in the back of the garage, over 20ft away! If you don't cover the car completely, you'll probably end up with some paint scratches.

Make sure you have plenty of blades, I used 3 heavy metal blades.

And, my other big lession was, be very careful throughout the whole process of filing the edges afterwards... I slipped andpunctured myright sidestripe during the process. I was sopissed, I couldn't even believe what had just happened. It seemed like such a foolish mistake, butat least I didnt do any paint damage. Re-ordered theright stripe from BSM for $29.00and replaced it.

Keep a very strong grip with a lot of pressure on the saw at all times... As the blade enters the second layer of metal (there's two layers of aluminum on the hood), the saw will kick, pretty violantly as you'll see in the video. It was way worse than what the video captured, I was actually getting worried it could've dented the hood. A more powerful saw would probably eliminate this issue, but my jigsaw is pretty decent and it still had issues.

Take it slow, very slow, that will minimize the amount of kicking. Make sure you tape up the bottom of the jigsaw as a "pad" for your car.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51...kerinstall.flv- Drill / cutting video

Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker Install Video

I followed taco bills directions. Went smooth.
P.S. Your car looks sweet.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, man. Have you got any sound clips of your car, Thurman? Kooks, high-flos, SLP... comp cams?!?!? I bet it sounds like an absolute beast. I'm in between exhausts right now. Cant decide - aka I've been cruising around with straight pipes for a month and a half. :-p

TacoBill writes excellent directions and takes superb photos of everything.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

You got some bad kick back while cutting. My saw didn't jump once and you are like 18 times my size... What kind of blade were you using?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Haha. Well I used a "Heavy Metal" blade... It was the highest quality metal blade they had at the hardware store. It could be that you either had better blades, or a better saw. Or maybe both.

Nice car.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Looks great! Really goes well with the red.[sm=smiley20.gif]
Welcome to the Shaker club.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Glad to be a part of it!

Your reverse-c's look great.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I bought some cheap Skill blades, a 18 metal is what I used. And a craftsman saw. But man, I had to laugh at the video the first time, second and third time. The look on your face when the saw jumps the first time is priceless!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:16 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Great video...and I thought drilling holes was difficult. The only thing that got my attention was that you did not remove the hood to cut the hole. Me? I would have probably cut the hood and everything else underneath...
Old 10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

are you taco bill?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shaker Install Video