Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT ~vs~ CA Police

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT ~vs~ CA Police

When you are dispatched to a call you do not use your lights unless it is a code three call. You still need to get from call to call as fast as you can safely because the public counts on a timely response from the PoPo. JMO
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 AM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

just read all 5 pages of responses. Maybe I'm missing something here, but if this goes down, this isn't a real race against a cop. It's a staged event. It's like calling WWE wrestling. It is, but it isn't. All the negative outcomes that could come of this have been thoroughly covered, so I won't go there. All I can say is I wouldn't be impressed by your video on Youtube or wherever you post it if I knew the cop consented to the race. That's my $.02.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Its a race not a chase. That was the point of the whole thing. He has no plans to go out and run from the cops he just wants to see how he would do against a patrol car
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Destonn is right on that

300GT -- I guess it is like WWE huh? good analogy
Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

I think it has been pointed outon otherresponses that a Mustang will out run a cop-modded Crown Vic. So what's the point? Why risk your life, the life/career of your sister, the lives/property of innocent bystanders to confirm that? Grab a case of beer, invite your sister over, and rent Smokey and the Bandit. Live vicariously through Burt Reynolds and keep the racing on the track.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: 07BLACKGT

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

Sherwood06GT -- Thanks for your comment.

I have been watching that poll & it's close... do it has been in the lead the whole time but bad idea is coming up on it quickly. Thanks all for polling seems that a lot feel strongly on this topic weather good or bad
My point here is..."hypocracy". How can a respected officer of the law do something that they would arrest someone else for?
Happens all the time... I'll be going 70 on the interstate in the right lane and a cop will fly by at 85 with no emergency...
But yet they give people tickets for 75 ina 70. They never use their blinkers ethier. I don't get it. It pisses me off.
I thought cops are susposed to set a good example? lol

But they don't so oh well!

Well, I take that back, SOME cops don't set a good example, some are fine.
Uh, unless a cop is rolling on surface streets or really hauling ****, lights are not needed on the freeway as most people become idiots when they see the lights rushing up behind them. I know in AZ a DPS office won't roll code unless they need to drive in the emergency lane or are going faster than 85+
Old 10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

When you are dispatched to a call you do not use your lights unless it is a code three call. You still need to get from call to call as fast as you can safely because the public counts on a timely response from the PoPo. JMO
These are the same people making these comments that'll complain about the cops taking so long to show up. I was driving with my friend once when we were coming up on a highway patrol. Next thing I know my friend downshifts on the cop and throws on his hazards. I was like WTF are you doing. Then I look over at the cop and realize it's his uncle. This would be the same type of event to me just on a more open road. As Nike would say Just Do It.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Prom -- I bet you were scared too... lol! Yo hit me up here in a week when I get the stang back and we'll chill ... if not then then I know I'll catch you at SEMA ... I like Nike
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I havent read all of the answers, all I can say is kiss her job goodbye once a video gets released.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

I'll toss my $0.02 into the ring. I say don't do it... or if you insist and want to just for the 'cool' factor of racing a cop then find a nice deserted country road at night and let 'em run... but DON'T tape it... that's just dumb... there will always be something you miss... some identifying scratch in the car or something which could identify her cop car and ruin her career.

You don't sound like you're a young punk so try to be a responsible adult here... we can all still have fun and have a little rebel streak without risking lives or careers.

That said, when I was about half my current age I did out-run a cop... It was probably about the dumbest thing I've ever done. My parents were out of town and I had found where my dad hid the keys to his 911 Carerra4. Me and a buddy went for a joy ride about 1:00 in the morning... we were cruising on a 2-lane highway heading out of town (nearest next town was an hour away) at about 90mph and saw a single pair of headlights approaching... I figured what are the odds that the only other car on the road is a cop so didn't slow down... needless to say the radar detector pegged high a few moments later and the guy flips on his lights and starts to make a u-turn. I was young and dumb and full of you know what so I just stomped on it. It was a winding mountain road heading to a ski resort and I was up around 150mph in the straight stretches... the lights just got smaller and smaller until finally I pulled off onto a small mountain road and drove up into the woods. I sat there shaking for about an hour before I finally was able to drive home. Like I said, I was young and stupid and would never even think about doing something like that nowadays... I have 2 young boys now and am terrified that they'll be as reckless and dumb as their father when they get older... why is it kids have no common sense????

Quick Reply: Mustang GT ~vs~ CA Police