Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag Light - Error Code 23

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:53 PM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

Default Air Bag Light - Error Code 23

On the way to the bowling league tonight my Air Bag dash light started blinking. I plugged in the Diablosport tuner when I got home and it shows no error codes... Clearing error codes did nothing as there were none to really clear. The manual says to see the dealership (duh). Just wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before and what it happened to be.

The light blinks with someone sitting in the passenger seat and without. Note, this is NOT the Air Bag Off light on the console, this is the Air Bag Icon on the Tach Side of the house. Maybe just an electrical malfunction somewhere. Anyone had this happen before?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Air Bag Light

I had this problem at about 5K. My light would blink on startup and it was blinking a code "23". You can figure out the code by counting the blinks yourself (count the number of blinks in the first code digit, it'll pause for a second, then blink the second code digit). The blinking pattern will repeat about 3 or 4 times then the light will come on solid. My car also showed no fault codes in the PCM.

Turns out a code "23" was the airbag in the passenger seat which was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Been fine ever since.

UB10

Old 10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Was your bowling ball in the passenger seat?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

that wouldnt matter, he said this isnt the passenger airbag on/off light, this was in the dash, tach side, and that it occurs with and without people on the pass. seat
Old 10-22-2007, 07:46 AM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

Just the old ball and chain, as it were.

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Was your bowling ball in the passenger seat?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 AM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

Cool. I'm about 6K right now. Guess I'll be calling my dealer and taking it in... thx for the info

ORIGINAL: underbird10

I had this problem at about 5K. My light would blink on startup and it was blinking a code "23". You can figure out the code by counting the blinks yourself (count the number of blinks in the first code digit, it'll pause for a second, then blink the second code digit). The blinking pattern will repeat about 3 or 4 times then the light will come on solid. My car also showed no fault codes in the PCM.

Turns out a code "23" was the airbag in the passenger seat which was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Been fine ever since.

UB10

Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Same light on mine would come on ever so often. Dealer did some probing and found out that there was a place under the driver's seat where the wire had rubbed a bare place on it and it would ground out against the seat frame when the seat was just right.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

On my car, whenever someone sits there, the airbag OFF light comes on, and will turn off if they squirm around for a little while haha
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

Did any of the power connectors under your seat(s) come loose? If one did, you'll need to depower the SRS, reattach it, then repower the SRS.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

I havent looked yet. But I did count the blinks. It is the 23 code... 2 blinks, pause, 3 blinks, pause, Full on light. Any reference for the 23 code before I go off to the dealership. Such as. What cables to look at, etc. I really dont relish the dealer tearing apart the dash. Maybe they could fix that GOD FORSAKEN RATTLE over there . It was on my 2005 and its on the 2007.... Same rattles and buzzes.... C'mon FORD, FIT AND FINISH!...

ORIGINAL: cookiemonster

Did any of the power connectors under your seat(s) come loose? If one did, you'll need to depower the SRS, reattach it, then repower the SRS.
[edit] Fixed some spelling issues...

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light - Error Code 23