Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Save for boost or buy daily driver???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Save for boost or buy daily driver???

I have a daily driver sitting in my driveway that I had before I bought the Stang over a year ago and all the daily driver does is collect dust because I love the Stang SOOOOO much
Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Just my opinion here, so take with the usual grain of salt, but I like to keep daily drivers mostly stock. By that I mean do a few mods but don't go crazy with it. I say: save for a daily driver and then once you get it start saving again for the forced induction on your 'Stang. That way you get the best of both worlds and if, heaven forbid, you should blow your motor or kill your trans or something you won't be having to find a ride to work.

One daily driver, one project car. That's the best route if you can swing it financially.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

daily driver. my stang never sees rain or snow. It's really crappy here in the Philly area today (cold/rainy/windy) and I'm so happy knowing mystang is home in the garage and I'll be driving my Ranger home from work. Actually saw a 'vette in the parking garage here at work this morning and it looked so sad. All wet and covered in road spray...I don't even like thinking about it!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Just move to FL, winter problem solved.

Personally I only drive my stang to work and errands. I had a motorcycle as a toy for a while. In college I rode every day and put 22k on my bikea year. My old stang sat 6 days a week, and it was supercharged . Then I got married and a got a real job and the bike sat in the garage for months at a time and never got used. Sold it and bought the new GT. I figure I have a toy car that I use everyday. Makes going to work easier everyday. Plus I live in FL so I dont have to worry about winter. If I did I would have bought an STI and had summer tires and snow tires on different rims. That way I could kick butt all year round.

I might buy a beater for a couple of months someday when I do forged internals and maybe painting my car (highland green ) then I will sell the beater and drive the stang again as the DD.

I say enjoy the stang you are paying for it, but a $1500 dollar beater for the worst times of the year could be useful.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I would def buy a DD first
Old 10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

I have a daily driver sitting in my driveway that I had before I bought the Stang over a year ago and all the daily driver does is collect dust because I love the Stang SOOOOO much
Same here. I drive the stang daily. My old daily driver (93 buick century) is now used for trips to home depot only. If something does happen to the stang, I'll just fire up the century. Otherwise I want to be in my stang 24/7.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i didnt put all this work into my car to not drive it. if it snows i dont drive it and i just drive the wifes awd
Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

DD for sure.. We get lots of snow here in Utah. That's when I whip
out the Park Ave withthe heated seats and front wheel drive. Keeping
the Stang in the garage.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I'm leaning heavily towards a DD right now. I know it's gonna put off my plans for my stang but it will probably be better in the long run. Also, I hated driving my Mustang last winter. We only had one real bad snow but it had my car stuck for almost 3 days.

The car i'm looking to buy is a 1995 Ford Taurus SHO that is in near perfect shape. Low miles for the year and is pretty cheap. I know the guy that is selling it and I know it is a strong running car. They are also pretty fun to drive too.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

Why not do both. That's what I did. It's not too hard and I am a student. I drive my daily driver to school and when it rains and roll the stang out when its not.

Quick Reply: Save for boost or buy daily driver???