Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

racing seats ?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM
jdbrown_82

Default racing seats ?!

i have red leather bucket seats. the driver seatis powered and the passenger is not. the back seats are red leather as well. also the doors have the red on it. i know this sounds crazy and dont get me wrong; i do like it..a lot actually. thing is, my favorite color is blue. my goal with the car is to put racing seats in later on or something of that nature. any ideas on changing it all black, blue, or black AND blue. do they make anything for the doors...can you replace it i mean ?dont kill me, this is my first mustang..lol ! like i said i do like it and can live with it or i wouldnt have bought it. i just thought i would ask the pros here...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:56 AM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: racing seats ?!

i have the same interior....i love it, ive kicked aorund the thought of racing seats too, but i was thinking black and red. i dont know how well blue would work in there. but hey you never know it might look ok
Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Your best bet if you do get racing seats would be to get the rear seats and door panels reupholstered. Or try to find some take off door panels and takeoff leather seat covers.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I thought about Racing Seats but I like the appearance of the stock interior & seats so I opted not too
Old 10-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Steering wheel cover [:'(]
Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

That was my first thought... not in my stang anyway. I'm actually curious if any members here have racing seats ... I dont recall seeing any.

ORIGINAL: Pwny

Steering wheel cover [:'(]
Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

If you plan on ever selling the Mustang don't mess with that upgraded interior option!
If you like blue why not trade it for a blue GT?

oh, and I hope you're not mixing Sprite and Coke! Maybe that's what's causing the problems!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

IF i were to do racing seats it would be a two tone white and blue to match my car. Corbeau makes some good seats
Old 10-28-2007, 03:29 PM
jdbrown_82

ha ha, yeah i hear ya guys. i cleaned the beast up today...i think the same thing, got to looking at the cover...its gone. i just bought it thinking it would match and look good, but it just doesn't. looks cheap or something.

I'm thinking maybe get the seats reupholstered. don't guess its a big enough deal i wouldn't keep red if you know what i mean. i thought about getting a blue car but i picked black instead. right before i had this car i had a 2006 eclipse -BLUE, and then a 2007 Tacoma -BLUE..thought it was time for a change. i like the black a lot but i would like it better if the seats where all black or black and blue...OR black and white. either way I'm fine with the red though. as for the sake of racing seats i still would like to put some in it eventually. i personally think they are pretty comfortable, and they look badass....am i wrong ?!

that said, you guys got any brand preferences or anything i should know. also any other quick "cheaper" mods i can do. i have k&n open air, flows, and a diablosport tuner already. next big one would be a supercharger or turbo...pref a roush charger. anything on the cheaper side you guys know though ? this is my first mustang so im looking up parts still.

also how the hell do you get the seat belt ding to go off..lol ! ? that sure is annoying, guess ill take a look at the book, yeah im a bonehead and havent even looked yet...haha !
Old 10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
ndgoalie35
2nd Gear Member

These seats would look pretty sweet in your car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/79557/0BC1526754294B80B2074B5234B9BBFD.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: racing seats ?!