Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby dash leather???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby dash leather???

I really love that leather dash, I wish mine had it... As well as the leather center console... Very nice indeed...

-Jeff
Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

in the 2008 brochure it looks like you can't have both the Interior Upgrade Package AND the Premier Trim with Color Accent Package. Both share the upgraded shifters. I have a feeling it might be one of those things that you'll only see one or the other on the Mustangs at the dealership.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:22 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Anyone got close pics? I'd like to see this leather dash myself.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:23 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

It does not come with the upgrade package, it comes with the premier trim package and it is an option for 08
Old 11-04-2007, 08:00 AM
infinityonhigh
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

in the 2008 brochure it looks like you can't have both the Interior Upgrade Package AND the Premier Trim with Color Accent Package. Both share the upgraded shifters. I have a feeling it might be one of those things that you'll only see one or the other on the Mustangs at the dealership.
In order to add the premier trim package option you also have to add the interior upgrade package. So yes they do come together as default (unless you just add the interior upgrade package by itself). The premier trim package shifter handle is what comes in the car when both are ordered.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

My '07 Convertible GT came with both the two tone and leather wrapped dash. I didn't even know it was an option until I saw my car in the dealership. It looks very sharp! That was going to be my one misgiving about the Mustang if I did buy it, that the dash looked so plasticky. But after seeing the leather wrapped dash, I was sold!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:04 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

When I was online building my 07, in order for me to get red interior a message popped up and said I have to add IUP and the premier trim package, it was $365 (+/-) dollars... I didnt really know what is was, so I said okay whatever and ordered it like that... When it came in a was very impressed with all the leather trimmed stuff, the armrests are really soft and are wrapped in stiched leather, as is the center console armrest, the dash isnt soft but it looks sweet with the stiched lip. I'll try to get some pictures when I get my lazy butt out of bed.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
frodaddi
1st Gear Member

I have this option in my 07 GT. The premeir trim package, which features the wrapped & stiched dash, is my favorite option especially for $395. It really dresses up the interior IMO compared to the hard plastic dash.

Here are a few pictures. The dash is definitely wrapped in leather and stitched, not just molded to look stitched. Well, it's wrapped in something anyway - maybe not real leather but in any case it looks nice.

Kevin.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Maddog52
1st Gear Member

That's really nice. Wish I would have known such an option existed when I bought myn.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 AM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

I have to agree I like the leather dash a lot more. It wasn't an option when I got mine either. I couldn't see this being a aftermarket option either because it would cost more then it is worth.

Quick Reply: Shelby dash leather???