Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm such an IDIOT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
red07gt
1st Gear Member

Default I'm such an IDIOT!!!

Yesterday I decided to take the pony for a run since the weather has been so nice. I was backing out of the driveway and noticed a truck coming down the street. I stopped and changed the radio station while waiting for him to pass. I then started to back down the driveway and obviously not paying attention to what I was doing hear a loud bang. Lo and behold I hit the rock retaining wall around my mailbox with thelower leftside of the front bumper. I cringed and got out to inspect the damage. My dumba$$ put a four-inch gouge in the lower part of the front bumper that can't be buffed out.....GRRRRRRRRRR. I'm so pissed at myself as this was something that was so unavoidable if I had just been paying more attention. I'm going to try to see what it looks like with some touch-up paint as I don't want to spend the $475 for a new bumper. I'll post some pics soon, but I just wanted to blow off some steam..............
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm such an IDIOT!!!

I know where you're coming from. I was parking at work a couple weeks ago, and it was early in the morning. I was still a tad drowsy, and I pulled too far forward right into a concrete wall (I park in the 2nd level of a parking garage, and I park at the back wall to avoid parking near others). Luckily I was barely moving when it happened, but it still put a couple nice gouges in my front bumper. I can probably fix them with touch up, but it's just the fact that it happened at all that kills me.[:@]
Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yep, try the touch up paint first and see how it looks

Old 11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

It sux when you can't blame someone else......
Old 11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Yeah I know how ya feel, i dented up the right rear quarter on the fender where it flares out, I was backing out of a friends driveway between two cars, and wasnt watching the left side for a few seconds, and when i look over the front of a car is pinned next to my door[:@][:@][:@]i almost cried, and was scared of what my dad was going to say[], cost about $1,000 to fix, they popped it all back out, and good as new.
But i could be $1,000 dollars richer if that didnt happen.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

I think my worst bonehead story is back when I had my '87 Mustang GT. For some reason or another it didn't want to start, but if I push-started it, it was fine. I was running late to work that evening, so I had started to push-start it in my driveway. I got out of the car, leaving the door open so I could run back and get into the car once I got enough momentum to start it (it didn't take much, and the driveway had enough of a slope to roll naturally once I got it going). Anyway, to make a long story short, I forgot about the basketball goal pole on the edge of the driveway. Needless to say, the pole stopped the car, and hyperextended the door hinges. The door wouldn't close after that.

It was a lot like that scene in Tommy Boy at the gas station, where he backs the car up to the pump, and the door hits the pole. Just not near as funny.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

newtakeoff.com.....comes painted for like $250
Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

+1 -- thats what I would do

ORIGINAL: howarmat

newtakeoff.com.....comes painted for like $250
Old 11-04-2007, 05:38 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I ripped off my passenger side mirror at a car wash a few months after I bought the car. I backed out and the hose was hanging on the mirror..
Thank god for lockight and gorilla glue.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Don't buy new....there should plenty of folks on here with one laying around...I sold mine 2 months ago for only $75.00...

Quick Reply: I'm such an IDIOT!!!