Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reesonators?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default reesonators?

hey guys, i have a pypes o/r H pipe waiting to be installed with my mac axlebacks and im wondering if resonators will work with the setup and if i will still get the same meaty sound out the back with less inside the cabin. or if there is any other way to minimize the noise in the cabin as it can be a bit much on longer drives. i drive to vancouver and back in the summer time, 2400 kms each way.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:37 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: reesonators?

They make a big difference in cabin noise. There is still noise.. but it's not the deep drone that rattles your teeth and gives you a headache.. There should be very little change in over all sound outside.. the are not restrictive and mainly just change the resonant properties of the exhaust.. like tuning a guitar string.

ORIGINAL: bcstang

hey guys, i have a pypes o/r H pipe waiting to be installed with my mac axlebacks and im wondering if resonators will work with the setup and if i will still get the same meaty sound out the back with less inside the cabin. or if there is any other way to minimize the noise in the cabin as it can be a bit much on longer drives. i drive to vancouver and back in the summer time, 2400 kms each way.