Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Roush Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 05:29 AM
thissenw

Default Any Roush Experience?

I'm about to order an '08 convertible with automatic, Roush 145HP blower (P/N 403310), and Roush suspension package (P/N 401296) installed by the dealer. Does anyone have experience with this combo?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 AM
xz06
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Any Roush Experience?

You should like the package.Make sure they include the 73mm pulley on the supercharger,when they order it.It is an option still I believe,but it will make445hp at the motor with the Roush tune.The stage 2 suspension is very good.If you want you should discuss the dealer the possibility of switching the standard Ford panhard bar to one that is adjustable.Good luck with your Vert.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:55 AM
thissenw

The 73mm SC pulley is included with the kit. What's thebenefit of an adjustable panhard on a street car?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thissenw

The 73mm SC pulley is included with the kit. What's thebenefit of an adjustable panhard on a street car?
None thatI can think of unless, you have some crazy suspension set up.

Also I would look into a whipple or saleen SC instead of roush. unless they are keeping your warrenty and you have the extra money.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:17 AM
thissenw

The SC and supension pieces are included with the factory 3/36 warranty. This is a consideration forme.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:48 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

trust me the 36k mile warrenty will come quick. I have 19k and mines less then a year old.

Also you can drive that turd you have in your avatar in the meanwhile.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:36 AM
xz06
1st Gear Member

If you have the Stage 2 Roush suspension,it'll lower your car by about an inch according to the literature(Roush website)A lot of people with S197's use an adjustable panhard bar to centre the rear axle.On some cars there is a slight(and on some a pronounced deviation,from side to side,on the way the axle lines up).You may notice one wheel sticks out from the body of the car more than the otherside and/orthe car sits at a slight angle.An adjustable panhard bar is used in place of the original to realign the axle.It seems more pronounced on lowered cars but some stock models have come that way from the factory.This is not new news to anyone.Talk to your Dealer when your suspension is installed and see what they say.It's a couple hundred bucks and several reputable companies make them.Nice Vette BTW.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:48 AM
xz06
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: thissenw

The SC and supension pieces are included with the factory 3/36 warranty. This is a consideration forme.
The supercharger comes with the 3 year warranty.The dealer installed suspension only comes with a 90 day warranty.Unless your Dealer puts it in writing that they are offering it for 3 years.Roush will only give the 3 year warranty on the suspension if it comes from Roush already installed on your car.If you don't believe me you can call customer service at Roush Industries.My rear shocks fromRoush failed at 6months and I was told by Roush customer service that a 90 day warranty hadelapsed.The 3 year is ONLY if the car is purchased with it installed by Roush prior to delivery to the dealer.The supercharger on the otherhand is warranted for 3 years .

[IMG]local://upfiles/80278/2F53B05FAD0949F1ABEC9345A7AAAC7A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
thissenw

ORIGINAL: xz06
If you have the Stage 2 Roush suspension,it'll lower your car by about an inch according to the literature(Roush website)A lot of S197's use an adjustable panhard bar to centre the rear axle.On some cars there is a slight(and on some a pronounced deviation,from side to side,on the way the axle lines up).You may notice one wheel sticks out from the body of the car more than the otherside and/orthe car sits at a slight angle.An adjustable panhard bar is used in place of the original to realign the axle.It seems more pronounced on lowered cars but some stock models have come that way from the factory.This is not new news to anyone.Talk to your Dealer when your suspension is installed and see what they say.It's a couple hundred bucks and several reputable companies make them.Nice Vette BTW.
Thanks. I sold my Vette a month ago with the intention of buying an '08 Vette (430HP, 6-spd automatic). My son recently bought an '07 GT coupe, and I was impressed with the car. At $41K, a blown Mustang vert is $20K cheaper than a stockVette vert.

I see you have 10" wheels. Front and rear? What size tires are you running? Any rubbing issues?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:00 AM
xz06
1st Gear Member

265/40/18 front
295/35/18rear
no rubbing issues.BFG drag radials.Nice tires , but a lot of people on the forum would say Nitto's are just as good ,but more reasonably priced.I think BFG grips a bit better,though they don't last long.

Quick Reply: Any Roush Experience?