Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Condensation...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Condensation...

This should explain it
kl;asdjf;ajpvion;znx/.gjaweiohtil;ncvnbno;asrtljh/as.hkzguiophzxlvkhawiotljZSkl;no;wahotijl;asjv/.knzxilghtl;gjkwe.k/nzlvbhil/zxt
Old 11-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Not an issue for me -- I park in my garage so thats why but even when I use to park in an overhang it still wasn't a problem that I noticed... lucky me I guess
Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

I get it in the parkinglot at work which has lots of trees and watering systems around it. I often park at home under the car port and dont get any of it though I think its just the open air mixed with vegitation and humidity.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

My Stang is in the garage but my SUV sits outside and usually has condensation and (gasp) even frost! Perhpas my SUV just thinks it's a Stang. Or maybe it's aterrorist plot... Or maybe it's just plain, old, natural condensation... Dadblasted humidity! Someone should write a letter...
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

In the old days, when we would get condesation on the inside, it was usually a sign that the heater core had sprung a leak. Probably not the case here, but you could check and see if you have the dreaded door sill leak that many have complained about. That will put moisture on the inside and as it cools down at night, you get a kind of solar still thing going on. Or, if it is humid in your area, make sure you close off the vent controls so that no outside air can circulate in during the night when humidity is usually at it's highest.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Condensation on the inside?

Don't run the heater on recirculate unless you absolutely have to. And even then, only forthe minimum amount of time necessary. Recirc mode lets moisture from your breath and sweat build up inside the car, when what you really want to do is dump it outside as you go. When everything cools down, the moisture condenses on any cool surface. Usually that's the glass, as most other surfaces are somewhat insulated from the outside.

FWIW, setting the heater on 'BAKE' isn't the answer either,and may be part of the problem. Overheating the interior increases the chances of having inside condensation problems, because the warmer the air is allowed to get, the more moisture it can hold (i.e. more to condense).

Norm
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Couldn't tell ya.. I generally don't drive the car when it's cold enough for that kind of stuff to happen. :-)
Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Glad Im not the only one....And I think the heater thing explains a lot....Oh and funny family guy vid lol
Old 11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I had the condensation in my car last year. Later I discovered that I had the dreaded water intrusion problem, on the passenger side. I never noticed it untill I learned about it on these forums. It never got so bad as to wet the carpet, but if you stuck your fingers under the hard foam cover, thatsover the insulation, then you could feel it. Once I got the leak fixed, the condensation problem was history.