Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential Tailights

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:24 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sequential Tailights

I have the chase lights, love love love 'em.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I got mine from here. They were super affordable however I had someone else install them. There is some splicing. http://www.mustangtaillightsequencers.com/

Personally I think they blink too fast but I still like them. Chaser or whatever I haven't a clue what these are. Will someone explain the different types?
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i believe the onyl difference between regular seqential and chaser, is if you look on the one you posted, each one lights up and stays lit until all 3 are on, then all 3 go out at once and it restarts. chaser i think come on then go off the second the next one comes on, and theres no stopping between the sequence, so theres always one lit up..i could be wrong but the clip i saw made it seem that was the only difference
Old 12-01-2007, 04:19 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

i was curious what the difference was so, here a vid on what chasers look like...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=19163772
Old 12-01-2007, 06:28 PM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

Here's video of mine on the old 05GT

http://networkgeek.org/~djpowell/stanglights/

I moved the harnesses from the 05 to the 07 and it worked fine. I heard later that that was hit or miss. I still get looks, its pretty funny to see kids in the passenger seat pointing at it while their mom is stopped behind me in the soccermomvan. Luckily I went with the webelectric ones and when I totaled the 05 I had them pull the harnesses out and gave them the OEM ones.

Something to think of when you do this mod. its more expensive to keep the original ones if you get pre-built ones, BUT , if you lose the car, thats cash gone.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

This is one of those mods that I kinda like, but it seems their is always something else that comes up to take its place.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:39 PM
06GTGIRL
2nd Gear Member

Yep, I have them and I love them. Get peopleasking me all the time. So far I have not seen any other mustangs in our town with them on.I got mine from CDC and I put them on myself.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Have them, love them, get complements all of the time. I have the CDC plug and play. Took 30 minutes with kids asking questions.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

I have:

www.webelectricproducts.com

They were true 'plug and play', no splicing, high quality and they arrived 2 days after I ordered them. They look great and I get lots of compliments on them.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I have the meter4it kit. http://meter4it.com It does require cutting and splicing wires, but it uses squeeze on connectors. You could solder it as someone said they did, but it's not necessary. And, in addition to doing the chase sequence, it will also do the normal sequential sequence, and also easily switch back to the factory mode, I.E., just flash the lights. It flashes all 3 lights in the factory mode, though, unlike the original signals, which only flash the outside two. So if you had trouble with state inspection, for instance, you could just switch it back to factory mode. And it only takes a couple of minutes to switch it to another mode. You just move a jumper on the electronics box and then press a button for a few seconds with the turn signal on. I've never had mine out of the chase mode, though. It really looks cool.

Just my $.02 worth. $.02 isn't worth much any more, though.

Quick Reply: Sequential Tailights