Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on deciding!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:37 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help on deciding!!!

Of those listed I would either get bassani or if I was going to be cost efficient then mac. Don't really know anyone who has had borla or hooker. As far as midpipe it kinda depends on the sound you are looking for. With the bassani I would probably get their offroad x pipe and with the mac I would get the offroad prochamber.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k6silvergt

Of those listed I would either get bassani or if I was going to be cost efficient then mac. Don't really know anyone who has had borla or hooker. As far as midpipe it kinda depends on the sound you are looking for. With the bassani I would probably get their offroad x pipe and with the mac I would get the offroad prochamber.
Thanks its a tough choice so many options out there!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have read good things about bassani but I like any LT that is made of 304 SS and polished. ARH and kooks I believe offer that as well as others but its JMO so..... its up to you!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I have read good things about bassani but I like any LT that is made of 304 SS and polished. ARH and kooks I believe offer that as well as others but its JMO so..... its up to you!
If i go with the bassani long tubes, should i go with there off-road x or there x with high flow cats?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:58 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I would do the high flow CATS but thats just me! IT will be louder regardless but w/out the CATS its insane and many dont like the sound from what I have read on the forum.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I would do the high flow CATS but thats just me! IT will be louder regardless but w/out the CATS its insane and many dont like the sound from what I have read on the forum.
Now how much louder to long tube headers make your car? what kinda hp/tq numbers am i looking at with the longtubes and high-flow catted x pipe?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i vote for Mac LT's and Mac o/r prochamber to go along w/ the boomtubes. they will be loud at WOT, and a low rumble w/ the o/r prochamber. or if you want a bit of a screamer at WOT like mine then get LT's and o/r x-pipe. here's what mine sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBVhKqorPNc

the o/r h-pipe will be louder than the prochamber, but IMO the prochamber will be a more pleasing low tone. now choose wisely, fellow boomtuber.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

i vote for Mac LT's and Mac o/r prochamber to go along w/ the boomtubes. they will be loud at WOT, and a low rumble w/ the o/r prochamber. or if you want a bit of a screamer at WOT like mine then get LT's and o/r x-pipe. here's what mine sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBVhKqorPNc

the o/r h-pipe will be louder than the prochamber, but IMO the prochamber will be a more pleasing low tone. now choose wisely, fellow boomtuber.
I haven't read anything on mac longtubes are they pretty good or no?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:55 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Not too much but they make a different sound than the stock manifolds we have from the factory. The LT's and high flow CATS should yeild about 15-25 RWHP depending on many factors. Not much torque because the LT's will change the backpressure. You will need a tune to get the most from the exhaust changes. Actually just LT's can throw a code if not installed and tuned properly.
ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

Now how much louder to long tube headers make your car? what kinda hp/tq numbers am i looking at with the longtubes and high-flow catted x pipe?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Well its either going to be Mac Longtubes with the off/road prochamber or the Bassani Longtubes with High/Flow Catted X-Pipe. I dont know which one to go with. I noticed that the Mac Longtubes are only like $467 does that mean that there not that good since there so cheap compared to other brands? There Ceramic coated where as the Bassani are Stainless Steel and alot more money.

Quick Reply: Need help on deciding!!!