Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panhard Bar

Old 12-02-2007, 11:33 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Default Panhard Bar

Anyone have this?? could you tell a differnce at all??
Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Panhard Bar

I got one when I installed my Roush rear springs. If you lower your car, you will need an adjustable Panhard rod to get your rear tires centered under the car.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I got a panhard and panhard brace. The stock panhard is hollow and thin, its almost sad... Get it. Also, I think the most noticeable difference was anti-sway bars. People say lower control arms are the best part to replace, but I didnt really notice a difference when I did mine. Still had major wheel hop.

Do the panhard and panhard brace. Its worth it.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

I got one when I installed my Roush rear springs. If you lower your car, you will need an adjustable Panhard rod to get your rear tires centered under the car.
I thought it was used for more aggressive drops. The Roush rear springs only lower the rear by 1" so I don't know if it made too much of a difference. Cound you not get the car aligned properly?

Anyway, I lowered my car with the Eibach Prokit (1.3" Front / 1.5" Rear) and I don't think I will need a panhard bar. It is still not that aggressive of a drop but definately noticable. Everything is set up and aligned nicely. I also have the Eibach front and rear sway bars as ohnoesaz mentioned. The front sway bar has 3 adjustment settings depending upon what you are looking to accomplish. I installed mine using the middle adjustment. In any event, I noticed huge differences in the responsiveness of the car after changing the sway bars.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:06 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I was running 295's out back at the time, and I did notice the left tire sticking out farther after the lowering.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:12 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Didn't need one when I lowered the car either, I had 1/8" to the right which is standard from the factory in case you fall asleep at the wee it will pull you to the side.
The stock panhard is cheap and heavy, if you into twisty driving its a must.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:15 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

It is a good improvement to get.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

+1 -- you'll notice the difference when you look at your stang and see it centered

Old 12-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I'l be ordering mine in the soring.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Didn't need one when I lowered the car either, I had 1/8" to the right which is standard from the factory in case you fall asleep at the wee it will pull you to the side.
The stock panhard is cheap and heavy, if you into twisty driving its a must.
Interesting that you say the factory setting has the rear axle 1/8" to the right. My experience is different. On 07 GT - didn't notice a difference stock but once I put 9" DDs on it the left rear was clearly closer to the fender lip than the right. So I'd say, if anything, mine came from the factory set up to the left. Weird.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panhard Bar