Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
mattw30030

Default Warranty Question

Due to the infamous water leak, I've had my car in twice now for attempted repairs. Since my second visit, my warranty has expired. My car is full of water now, and stinks of mildew. The electrical is also out of whack. I've called Ford customer care, and they say I now need to pay a diagnosis fee when I bring in the car for a third attempted repair. They will "see what they can do" after they make the diagnosis, as far as fixing the problem. I assume during the first two visits, they made a diagnosis. Am I now liable to pay for these repairs?
Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty Question

i was always under the assumption that when something is repaired under warranty that if the warranty is close to expiration they extend it 90 days. I know they did that with my computer, but then again it's a computer. However being it was a known issue and it was brought to their attention from the beginning, I would have to argue that they are responsible for it.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Any warranty issue not resolved while under warranty should still be covered. They never fixed it in the first place.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM
mattw30030

I just spoke with Ford again, and they insist I must pay for the diagnosis, then they will determine if they will pay any portion of this. I'm a little perplexed on this one. I'm thinking this leak is going to be a gift that keeps giving. Mildew, corrosion of the electric components, etc.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

find out how much its going to cost for them to "fix it". Worst case scenario, get a lawyer involved. This sounds like something ford is responsible for.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:11 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I think that a warranty problem that was not successfully repaired should be covered within a reasonable amount of time.

Have you tried calling the owner of the dealership? I've found over the years that the lower level employee you're talking to often doesn't have enough authority to deviate from "standard practice", whatever that happens to be. Calling the owner and explaining to him (her) the problem you're having often gets results. Just be calm and relate the events that have occurred and tell them that you think that it should be covered at no cost since the problem still hasn't been repaired. Be nice and they often will be.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
mattw30030

I haven't gotten to the point of calling the dealership owner or anything. They're still looking at the car this morning. I'm just trying to be prepared for what they come back to me with. I just thought it was odd they would charge me a diagnosis fee for a problem they've looked at twice already while it was under warranty.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I don't feel you should pay anything since the problem is an existing problem that they supposedly fixed.

Did you show them this TSB?

http://home.nc.rr.com/mackowsky/car/tsb07-14-06.pdf
Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

IF i were you, id make a scene. Something was wrong with my ignition and i took it back 5 different times till they finnally fixed it, and i had up to 36,000 mileage(for minor and major)and up to 75,000 for only major problems. I took the car in when it had little over 36,000 and i gave them a little peice of my mind
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 PM
mattw30030

All I'm being told right now is that I would have to pay for the diagnosis fee. I'm not sure if I'll get that back or not. I did print out a copy of the TSB and left if laying on the seat for them. I plan on being cordial and helpful unless they tell me they won't fix it under warranty. I'll report back when I get the official "diagnosis".

Quick Reply: Warranty Question